19 Posts

Fleet Commander: Genesis» Forums » General

Subject: Fleet Commander Campaign 2018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Richard
msg tools
Hi everyone and best wishes 2018!

What's better for those who love Fleet Commander Capsicum Games, than to start this new year with a campaign. By the time we feast for the holiday season, the Hegemony of Amycles is trying to seize Korben's asteroid belt and is also hoping to bring down the neighboring Qonrian 3 system. It goes without saying that the League of Phoebe hopes to take advantage of the incident of the asteroid LN-23 to lead a series of attacks to weaken Jaax's system. And what better for the Pirates than a good war to generate profits.

Commanders! the holidays are over! Arm your ships and go to war!

----

For those who want to participate, you can download the campaign book here:
https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2018/01/02/booklet-fleet-commande...

everything is explained! Campaign sequence, mechanics, combat map, etc.

I hope to meet you on the forum fleetcommander.forumactif.org/ or here.
if you have questions, ask them!

See you soon and and thank you to those who will share.
Fred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
The map !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
Hello everyone!

Instead of posting your party results on the fleet commander forum (even if it would be nice to meet you there), you can send them to me at the following email address: flettcomln23 @ gmail. com

this will allow me to send you updates of the map and to keep you informed of the news.

I hope to see many of you participating in the campaign

Bye,
Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to try this out. Are there any rules in English? I only see the download for French rules. Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind. It is in English. Helps to download...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
the link is normally in English.

Here are the links:

Fr: https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2017/12/22/livret-de-campagne-ln-...
En : https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2018/01/02/booklet-fleet-commande...

Tell me if it's ok

Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Fred- Yep. All good. Been reading it and definitely want to try this. Is there a link to the results form we fill in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
Great !

for results, send me an email to "flettcomln23@gmail.com" with the following information:

---
Player name A :
Camp [/ b]:

Player Name B :
Camps [/ b]:

[b] Size of fleets :
Campaign point in play :
Scenario played :
Combat Sector :

Result :
Winner scenario :
Winner fight :

Point of campaign won: (reminder of the formula: the one who scores the most points minus the one who scores the least points):

NOTE: If you play multi-player games, 2Vs2 - 3vs3, replace "player A" with "team A" with the names of the players. Same for "player B" by "team B".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thank you.
I am, however, unclear on a few things, namely advancing into your opponent's space. Could you explain a bit further on the requirements for attacking your opponent's planets? Does all combat start in the asteroid belt at the beginning of the campaign? Does one faction need to control at least 4 of the sectors (2/3) in the asteroid belt to be able to attack a minor planet? Then once two planets are captured that player can advance onto the main planets?
Sorry for not understanding.
Thanks.

EDIT: I understand what sectors are- the outlined hexes. What are the zones?

EDIT 2: OK. I know what the zones are. Helps to read!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
Indeed, you must control two-thirds of the areas of the asteroid belt (4 of the 6 sectors minimum), to attack the minor planets and the moons. Then to attack the main planet, you must control two thirds of the sectors AND two planet / moon integrally (6 of the 9 sectors minimum AND 2 planet/moon). If you have 2 planet/moon integrally but only 5 sectors, you can not attack the main planet. If you have 7 sectors but only 1 planet/moon under your control, you can not attack the main planet.

As long as you do not fulfill the conditions of conquest, you can not advance to the next area. By updating the map, I will inform the players about the combat zones.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, OK. That certainly helps to clear things up. Thank you.
Here is yet another question.
1. Suppose I control four of the asteroid sectors and less than 2/3 of the planet/moon sectors. Can my opponent attack one of the asteroid sectors or can he attack only in the planet/moon sectors? I would guess that yes, my opponent can attack in the asteroid zone.

2. Same scenario as above. Assuming my answer is correct, let's say my opponent manages to win back one of the asteroid sectors so that we each control three asteroid sectors. I still control a few of his planet/moon sectors. Can I only attack in the asteroid zone now?

On a side note, I believe I will take your campaign one step further in my home games. I'm thinking of adding another level of strategy by giving each side a total of 200 class points to spread around to each sector within the limits of the campaign rules. Eventually, battles will become more and more asymmetrical. I will also introduce easy fleet movement/reinforcement phases. Ooh, this is shaping up to be fun, fun, fun! I just hope I can find the time to do this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
1/ Yes. It will inevitably happen because you control 2/3rd of the asteroid belt and in the same time your opponent control 2/3rd of the planets/moon AND have 2 integrally planets/moon. So you can attack the zone "planets/moon" and your opponent can attack the asteroids belt.

Don't forget, if you attack an enemy sector you are the attacker. If your opponent attacks one of your sectors you are defender. It's up to you to attack or defend well.

2/ it's going to happen too. If after updating the map, you loose some asteroids sectors and you loose the 2/3rd sector, you can not attack the "planets/moon" zone. You must take again the control of asteroid belt. But always after updating the map, if in the same time you win some sectors in the "planets/moon" of your opponent, but you have not the 2/3rd and 2 "planets/moon" you can only defend and hope to hold for the future.

In any case, I will say what each Empire can do.

I thought about it too, but for my first campaign I wanted to do something simple It includes management and movement on a map, scenarios like "refueling". I thought about it. it's possible between friends or a local event, but this campaign will be played by many people at the same time who come from different places. So if you fight in a sector, you will not be the only one to fight there.

That's why I gave the mechanics in the pdf. Nothing innovative I think, but if anyone can have fun to develop it further ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
So who plays the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
Update of the map.

The League of Phoebe inflicted stinging defeats on the Amyclès Hegemony, capturing the A-1 sector in the Korben Belt and ensuring a flawless defense of its facilities. Apparently she seems to have learned the lesson of her defeat during the Illirya campaign.

The League of Phoebe can:
- continue to attack the sectors of Hegemony in the asteroid belt;
- attack the Qonrian 3 solar system.

The Hegemony of Amycles can:
- continue to attack the sectors of the League in the asteroid belt.

Next update : 30/01
Have fun !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl McLaurine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That download site is full of Malware it's like playing Pandemic on your own hardware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
I always use this website. I never had any worries. surprising.

Have you a website where i can share the booklet, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khortez wrote:
Have you a website where i can share the booklet, please?

How about the files section here on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
I just found how to share the file. It's under approval.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
Here it is !

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/158970/booklet-fleet-comm...

Thank you again Florian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Richard
msg tools
The battle stays the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.