Subject: Oops! I think I broke Massive Darkness... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Matthews
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Whisper+Swift+Signature*+SmokeBomb+RingofBraveness+QuicksilverBoots+Nightrunner'sMask=42 Wounds! (if she begins her turn in a Zone adjacent to an Enemy)
* of her Recommended Class
42?!(Hey, isn't that the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything??)

Even without the Level 5 Quicksilver Boots, at Level 4 she can do 27 Wounds
just by starting in an adjacent Zone to an Enemy. All she does is move in and out of the Enemy's Zone
using Movement Actions and the Nightrunner's Mask does 3 Wounds every time she enters.

I never actually did it in the Quest because another Hero had the Nightrunner's Mask and I didn't see the connection til the end.

On a related note, I had a powerful Bonecrusher rolling 3Y and 3R Attack
dice and the Defender rolling 1 less Defense die. He charged a 12-strong Goblin
Archers Mob and wiped them all out (even the Boss) in 3 attacks
Are the classes from Zombicide:Black Plague ok to use in Massive Darkness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not the first to find that combo. It's great if you can pull it off, but you need a few random draws to go your way and be fairly high level to pull off the full thing.

It's not easily pulled off in a one-off game. Unless, of course, you're playing Story mode and rolling these items over between quests as you get them. But Story mode was already a bit broken before anyone discovered this combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
42 IS the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not breaking Massive Darkness, that's fulfilling its destiny!

Seriously though, Massive Darkness is a power trip and I believe I'd smile ear to ear if I pulled that combo off! Nothing broken here don't mind me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.