GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,494 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Personal Quest #513 + Scenario #7 and #12 Advice Sought - Spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Read My Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

So I have personal quest #513 which requires me to kill X Forest imps. We are currently 17 plays (with about a 75% win ratio) into Gloomhaven and I have not even come across a forest imp let alone killed one. No one in our party has yet retired, we're playing two player.

I've seen that there are some in Scenario #7 but we seem to be locked out as we don't have the global achievement of 'The merchant flees' of this one as we didn't make Jekserah flee but killed her with the City Guard. (Scenario #12), I must admit I've done some looking ahead in the scenario book (yeah I know I'm a bad person!) and there does not seem to be any quests on the horizon that give me forest imps. At this rate my scoundrel will be a fully tooled up level 9 with bells on before she retires.

So my concern is, that whilst I love my scoundrel I don't want to play her the whole game as there are like another 15 classes to unlock. I'm tempted to ditch my personal quest and select another one so I don't get tied in as I want to experience lots of the characters in the game.

What do people think? Am I worrying about nothing or should I ditch the quest so I can experience more of the characters in the game. My playing companion has a similar concern as he hasn't completed anything for his personal quest yet and I think he has something similar to me.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Don't ditch the quests. Make different characters of two other classes with new quests. Once you do run across Forest Imps (or whatever), bring your old characters back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
mbmbmbmbmb
piman wrote:
Don't ditch the quests. Make different characters of two other classes with new quests. Once you do run across Forest Imps (or whatever), bring your old characters back in.

Sound advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised you haven't run into any other forest imps yet. I too dealt with Jeksarah through 12 and never had access to #7. My mind thief was finished with her forest imps pretty quick though. So early that I didn't start the unlock quest chain to retire her for quite a while so I could hang onto her. Even as it was I think she only made it to lvl 5 or 6 before she retired. I ended up rolling up another MT so I could get more time with the class. Unfortunately my new life goal was to kill demons and they're everywhere so it was over pretty quick again.

I know I got a random scenario early that got me a couple forest imps (#69) but i think i got the rest from normal campaign scenarios. Sorry i dont remember better specifics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
One of our players just finished killing their imps. There is a scenario that unlocks that has a bunch of them. Unfortunately you need to have at least retired 1 character.

What is your town prosperity level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Read My Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
ribsies wrote:
One of our players just finished killing their imps. There is a scenario that unlocks that has a bunch of them. Unfortunately you need to have at least retired 1 character.

What is your town prosperity level?

Prosperity is just off 3 currently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Read My Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
meziemer wrote:
I am surprised you haven't run into any other forest imps yet. I too dealt with Jeksarah through 12 and never had access to #7. My mind thief was finished with her forest imps pretty quick though. So early that I didn't start the unlock quest chain to retire her for quite a while so I could hang onto her. Even as it was I think she only made it to lvl 5 or 6 before she retired. I ended up rolling up another MT so I could get more time with the class. Unfortunately my new life goal was to kill demons and they're everywhere so it was over pretty quick again.

I know I got a random scenario early that got me a couple forest imps (#69) but i think i got the rest from normal campaign scenarios. Sorry i dont remember better specifics.

My looking ahead has shown that there are only 4 scenarios with Forest Imps in them outside of random or event specific scenarios. I've already locked one of them off and the other 3 seem to be quite late in the game. I'm thinking the advice above of starting up another character and then bringing my scoundrel out when I get a scenario with forest imps in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Read My Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
piman wrote:

Thanks, this seems like a better plan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.