Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Quest reads: kill 8 forest imps. then unlock „ forgotten grove“ and follow it to a conclusion. Unlocks Envelope X.
so, do i get the envelope once i killed 8 imps or when I maybe find something in the forgotten grove?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyric Connell

Ukiah
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kill 8 Forest Imps. After you kill those 8 Forest Imps, you will unlock "Forgotten Grove" Scenario #xx. Follow that storyline through 2 or 3 adventures to complete the quest. Once quest line is completed, you retire the character."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Helfer
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eborgann wrote:
kill 8 Forest Imps. After you kill those 8 Forest Imps, you will unlock "Forgotten Grove" Scenario #xx. Follow that storyline through 2 or 3 adventures to complete the quest. Once quest line is completed, you retire the character."

Do I have to kill them myself? Should it be in one scenario, or can it be over the course of several?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
eliashelfer wrote:
Eborgann wrote:

Do I have to kill them myself? Should it be in one scenario, or can it be over the course of several?

You have to deliver the killing blow for each and it can be over several scenarios.

I have this quest too. It has not been easy. Stupid Imps are a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eliashelfer wrote:
Eborgann wrote:

The character with the "Finding the Cure" personal quest has to kill them for them to count toward the quest (kills accomplished by that character's summons also count, as do enemies killed when that character pushes/pulls them onto traps/hazards).

No, it doesn't have to all be in one scenario. The character just keeps a running total of qualifying kills on their character sheet. Then when they reach the required total, it will unlock the scenario mentioned on the personal quest card. Then the party has the option of completing that scenario (and the one(s) following it) at any time. Once the plotline is followed to completion (which is specifically stated in the scenario text), the character must retire when the party next returns to Gloomhaven city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Xaqery wrote:
I have this quest too. It has not been easy. Stupid Imps are a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Helfer
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That is a bit annoying, as I'm a healing focussed Tinkerer, and my other party members really know how to deal some damage. I guess I'll just have to focus a bit more on fighting than usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eliashelfer wrote:
Thanks! That is a bit annoying, as I'm a healing focussed Tinkerer, and my other party members really know how to deal some damage. I guess I'll just have to focus a bit more on fighting than usual.

Personal Quests don't have to be secret, so I would suggest communicating with your group that you need to personally kill some Forest Imps.
Then when you find out that the scenario you're going into has Forest Imps, you can maybe include a bit more offensive firepower when choosing which cards to bring with you into that scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinkerer might actually be great for taking out Forest Imps, since they have generally low HP and there are lots of them. Ink Bomb/Net Shooter/Flamethrower. If you're high enough level, Disintegration Beam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that quest annoying, because there were so few scenarios with forest imps. If you're typically a support, you might not even get that many forest imp kills in a scenario that has them.

I'd recommend that when you feel like retiring, ask your group run through one of the few scenarios with forest imps, in casual mode, just letting you get all the forest imp kills. You should only need to do this twice or so to retire, which can be done pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eldur
msg tools
ftl_ftw wrote:
I found that quest annoying, because there were so few scenarios with forest imps.

Agreed that it's hard to even find the annoying little buggers. The person with that quest in our group eventually started up a new character while waiting for more scenarios with them.

There's a thread somewhere on BGG saying the hint look in the "dagger forest" is actually an editing mistake and should say "copperneck mountains" instead.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28500647#28500647
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.