6 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » General

Subject: Early birds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ville Halkosaari
msg tools
mb
Will there be early bird offers in this kickstarter. In Conan there were 10$ discount for first 700 people. In this kickstarter I hope they won't give any early birds, because it's not fun, when they all go in first 5 minutes for the mighty f5 pressers. If they make EB, please make them timed, so f.ex. first day or hour is cheaper. Then it's more fair for everyone.

Am I the only one who hates early birds in games that will get full in first minutes? It does not encourage other people to buy the game,when some people get it cheaper just because they had luck with the timing. I understand EB when there isn't that many people already waiting to buy the game. But this KS is definetly not one of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinneri wrote:
Will there be early bird offers in this kickstarter. In Conan there were 10$ discount for first 700 people. In this kickstarter I hope they won't give any early birds, because it's not fun, when they all go in first 5 minutes for the mighty f5 pressers. If they make EB, please make them timed, so f.ex. first day or hour is cheaper. Then it's more fair for everyone.

Am I the only one who hates early birds in games that will get full in first minutes? It does not encourage other people to buy the game,when some people get it cheaper just because they had luck with the timing. I understand EB when there isn't that many people already waiting to buy the game. But this KS is definetly not one of those.

*shrug*

It doesn't really bother me. Especially if it is $10 relative to a $300 game package.

If I want to buy game X, and it goes on sale for $5-10 less than the regular price at my favorite OLGS, there is a good chance that it will sell out, especially if it is a popular/hot title.

Just because I know people got the game for less than I will be paying does not mean that I will be put off from buying the game when it comes back in stock.

I wouldn't own very many games if I did.

I see little difference between that scenario and this one.

Edit: Went ahead and quoted the OP and wanted to add that if I had a choice between one early bird or the other, of course I would want the "timed" kind. Who doesn't like saving money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
On FB Monolith confirmed there would be no Early Birds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederic Henry
France
Itteville
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. There will be no early birds because it doesn t make sense on this kind of big product. It s just frustration for the ones who miss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I laugh when I think of people who go batsh*t crazy when the miss out on a 5-10 buck savings of an EB. I can imagine them shaking their fist at the doors of the local walmart when they miss out on fifty cents off sale on Charmin toilet paper!shakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
I laugh when I think of people who go batsh*t crazy when the miss out on a 5-10 buck savings of an EB. I can imagine them shaking their fist at the doors of the local walmart when they miss out on fifty cents off sale on Charmin toilet paper!shakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshake

More like 10 cents. But yeah, they never fail to pop up in threads, especially with ones from CMON or others that have done it repeatedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.