Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
below a couple of questions on the combat modifiers:

CASE A:

Tsuneoki 22 is in attack and has just moved in.
Tsuda 12 is in defence with a defensive marker.

Blue dice modifier: +2-1-2 = -1
att. Shingeki (+2)+ defensive position(-1)+ def. Yari Fusuma firepower(-2)

Question Nr. 1: Should I add another -1 modifier due to the river for Shingeki vs Yari Fusuma ?) From the note at the bottom of the Terrain Effect Chart it would seem that you don't add this modifier but I'm not sure.

Red dice modifier:+2-3=-1

att. Shinkgeki Masse(+2)+ def. Yari Fusuma Elan+Masse(-3)

CASE B:

Clan F is in attack and in melee
Clan K and L are in defence and in melee.
Clan H is in attack and in melee

battle (1) F12 and F13 attack K23
battle (2) H23 attacks L23 (this battle is pretty clear)

battle (1)
Blue dice modifier: -2-2 = -4

highest modifier for the attacker state(-2)+ terrain effect chart(-2)

Question Nr.2: Is it correct that I only need to consider the highest modifier of the two attacking units instead of adding them up (and getting -3) ?

Red dice modifier: 7-5+1-2 = +1

att. Elan+Masse(+7) + def. (Elan+Masse)(-5) + att. leadership(+1)+
def. leadership(-2)

thanks

Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raimarino wrote:
Question Nr. 1: Should I add another -1 modifier due to the river for Shingeki vs Yari Fusuma ?

Yes.

Raimarino wrote:

Question Nr.2: Is it correct that I only need to consider the highest modifier of the two attacking units instead of adding them up (and getting -3) ?

You mean the modifier for the attacker's units state ? Yes, only the highest apply.

Raimarino wrote:

Red dice modifier: 7-5+1-2 = +1

att. Elan+Masse(+7) + def. (Elan+Masse)(-5) + att. leadership(+1)+
def. leadership(-2)

Note that the leadership modifiers can be applied to the red or blue dice (each player can choose for his units).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Francois.
As for the first question from your answer it is clear that having a unit in defence with a defensive marker on it behind a river is a really powerful deterrent against any attacking unit. This applies well to the Yamazaki scenario (the short one) in which choosing one of the battle plans that gives you at least 3 defensive markers, can really slow down Hideyoshi forces and make him carefully plan where to try to breakthrough the Akeshi Mitsuhide "Maginot" line.

As for the second question I always wrongly applied the sum of all the attacker's state instead of considering only the highest one.

Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.