Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse the Fourth
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So, I finally explored our first hidden tomb entry on the tomb map. It did not have any endeavor and awarded one glory, but there was no instruction to cross it off the map.

This lead to a hot debate at our table of whether I needed to reveal which hidden entry I had read. Basically, it makes it to where people can find out their hidden entry and end up going to the same tomb. Two people thought this was a feature, one person hotly contested that and the other two were more undecided.

I was initially on the "don't reveal" side because it gives out information, but now I'm not sure. There's also a third option, which is to just cross it off, which doesn't reveal any information, but also doesn't make it a trap for other people

What did y'all do? Is there a FAQ entry I've missed for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Would you ever really want to see an angel?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to describe how regular tombs work, but I figured out that wasn't what you are asking just in time.

I don't know the answer, but let me chime in with a question of my own: We've seen the hidden tombs on the map and know how to decrypt them, but haven't picked up enough clues yet. We haven't seen any instructions for how to explore hidden tombs.
Sounds like you're using an Explore action at a tomb, and then selecting the hidden paragraph?

If that's how it works, I'm surprised the result doesn't tell you to cross off the tomb entrance. Could be an error, just like how the Booke doesn't tell you to destroy the very first milestone, even though that has to be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse the Fourth
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. All of the hidden ones are sets of three symbols. Each symbol has equaled a digit for me. So 3 symbols = 3 digits = entry in the Booke and treat it like an normal tomb exploration otherwise.

I'm figuring that it should have said to cross off the entry now, but it's unclear. Like so very many things that are unlocked in Box 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found it best to cross it off. That's after 3 campaigns. No extra info revealed, no risk of others repeating your efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Yeah, we are at this stage of the game, and some of the entries would seem very strange to have more than one person read it. Thematically if nothing else. I like the idea of crossing them off, so we will probably start doing that. (We are finding this stage of the campaign starting to drag, so we have started to share the deciphering information with each other anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Would you ever really want to see an angel?
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
Yeah, we are at this stage of the game, and some of the entries would seem very strange to have more than one person read it. Thematically if nothing else. I like the idea of crossing them off, so we will probably start doing that. (We are finding this stage of the campaign starting to drag, so we have started to share the deciphering information with each other anyway.)

We're planning to do the same. We've played with virtually no combat so far, and see no attraction to spending our time fighting over the things so we can do an action which may or may not advance the plot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.