Hide
11 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Terraforming Mars/Broken Token Insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Kingsley
msg tools
Does anyone know if the components for Venus fit inside the insert and box? I know with the last expansion it raised the lid some to have the boards in there, was wondering if there was a similar effect with Venus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Venus Next the lid does indeed sit slightly higher, but not much. If you have already excepted the higher lid with the previous expansion, Venus next doesn't make it that much higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
It sits higher and if you sleeve with standard rather than thin penny sleeves, the cards won't fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Espie
msg tools
mb
Walt Mulder wrote:
It sits higher and if you sleeve with standard rather than thin penny sleeves, the cards won't fit.

Easy fix: remove whatever packaging was in the box. Put cards into the sleeve boxes they came with (dragon shield).

There, everything fits with room to spare for the next expansion or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it wouldn't fit, but Melissa proved me wrong. The Venus box is open and used as a storage tray within the original box and all our cards are sleeved and everything fits including the Hellas/Elysium expansion.

Note: Not a first edition, so it didn't come with the flimsy cardboard insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Kingsley
msg tools
Hmm, seems like i might avoid sleeving...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Venus board is small enough to fit inside the top player tray, so it doesn’t raise the lid at all.

I have my cards sleeved in Mayday standards (not premiums) and a I have about 25% of the tray left to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Kingsley
msg tools
People are aware I'm asking specifically with regards to the Broken Token insert, not the one that comes with the game, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
New London
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Broken Token insert does not leave any room in the box for additional components, unless they are cards that fit in the card holder.

Or unless you can turn whatever is in the Venus expansion to fit it in the trays. For example, the Hellas and Elysium boards do not fit in the box with the Broken Token insert.

I can post pics of the insert if it will help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adamar wrote:
People are aware I'm asking specifically with regards to the Broken Token insert, not the one that comes with the game, right?

To be clear, my response above is talking about how Venus next fits into the BT organizer. The Hellas/Elysium map doesn’t fit without raising the lid. The biggest problem there is that the resource cubes then have space to jump around. This can be solved by laying down one map in the insert, overlapping the rulebook on the resource tray, then setting the second board down. The rulebook may slide if not kept flat however. I solved this problem by just leaving out the extra board.

I still very much recommend the insert. The player trays are worth the price of admission. I stained my set two-tone (some parts cherry, some parts white) and put the BT underlay found in the files section in them and I receive compliments all the time. The whole thing makes set up and tear down a breeze (less than five minutes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:

Can't confirm. Even with all cards sleeved, they still fit with plenty room to spare in BT's "card tower".
The milestone/award tiles fit on top of the player boards with no issue, and the extra white cube can go into the "first player rocket" tray.
The Venus board is the only thing that may raise the lid minimally, but if you put it atop the player boards, it can't be much.

It's only when you add the Hellas&Elysium board that the lid definitely gets raised significantly. I don't think there are any more elegant ways to handle that other than what Ken Brown said above.

If Venus is your only expansion, it should fit the BT insert with no problem or only minimally raised lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.