Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Stephens
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The second printing of the third edition rules reads,

Quote:
If a piece leaves the board as the result of any shot, simply place it back on the edge of the board at the point where it left.

How do you interpret "leaves the board" and "edge of the board"?

Has a piece left the board if it is laying flat but hanging off the side of the board? Or has it left the board only if it is no longer flat and is touching the table underneath?

When you put a piece back on the edge of the board, do you place it so the piece is entirely on the board? Or do you place it so as much of the piece is hanging off the board as possible while still laying flat?

I've been playing the first way for both so far but noticed that I tend to scrape my finger against the edge of the board when trying to shoot back in from the edge. That can be a bit frustrating shake and I've been thinking that leaving some of the piece hanging off the edge might help out with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just figuring the game out myself so I am no authority on this. Hope to hear others chime in. But I have been treating any disk hanging off the board but not yet touching the table as still being on the board. On your other question, when putting them back on I have been putting it very close to the edge. Not hanging off at all and not touching the edge either. Just close to the edge. Have no idea if that is right or not but that's what I've been doing. The rules do say that the overseer is the arbiter of things in the game, so I think, absent some specific rule to the contrary, the overseer can establish however he or she wants to do it at the outset of the game and stick with it. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The truth is, I don't think either way is really incorrect. Just play it whichever you think makes the most sense. I usually bump any piece that is more than 50% off of the board back on until less than half of it is hanging off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.