United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So we finished our Charterstone campaign and loved it (some players had reservations about the game that uses that component). I'm thinking about buying the premium resource tokens, but as far as I can tell, they can only be purchased individually, not as a bundle (and brick is currently sold out). Has anybody bought the bundle, and if so, from where? It's still showing as pre-order only, but with pre-orders not yet open, but with a projected pre-order open date of February of last year. This is what I'm looking at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're also available at MeepleSource: http://www.meeplesource.com/products.php?filter=charterstone

Although the full set of resources is currently out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey is expecting bricks (and so the whole bundle) to be back in stock in March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out of curiosity what is stopping you from making them out of sculpty or balsa wood?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ingham
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi. Chad, owner of Top Shelf Gamer here. Thank you for catching that '2017' typo! Looks like the change of year got us.

I've corrected that and also added a little more information to the Charterstone bundle description stating that the Charterstone bundle is expected back in stock in late March. (Josh had it right. Thanks, Josh.)

Back in late October/early November, we received a big spike of orders for the Charterstone bundles from our wholesale customers and it diminished our supply quickly. So we immediately worked with Stonemaier Games to produce more tokens. But there is a lengthy manufacturing time.

Sorry for the wait and I hope you're still interested in the tokens when they come in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebathius wrote:
out of curiosity what is stopping you from making them out of sculpty or balsa wood?

Time/talent/tools/materials... so basically everything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe most of them are in the first Stonemaier treasure chest (resource collection)-- all except pumpkin.
e

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ganybyte wrote:
I believe most of them are in the first Stonemaier treasure chest (resource collection)-- all except pumpkin.
e

Bricks and Wood are in the (first) Treasure Chest.
Wheat is in the Food Crate
Iron is in the Resource Vault
Coal is in the Energy Box
https://stonemaiergames.com/games/treasure-chests/

and the Pumpkins are brand new for Charterstone.

(We grabbed all from the other crates except pumpkins, which are now on order from MeepleSource.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
try etsy?

edited to add, perhaps you could find someone doing that sort of work, and commission them, if they are not already available.

I would be interested to see how Jamey feels about that, as it does involve commerce. While I feel I would be able to make a set for myself, and/or maybe a friend as a gift only, I wouldn't feel comfortable selling them.

I would think you don't want to lose your IP, that is understandable, but here we have a situation the market can devise a resolution to.

And would it matter if they were just sold as separate fimo gaming tokens as opposed to a charterstone set.

I guess I have had a related question for Jamey and other designers. I wanted to make some paintings that featured components and games in interesting ways, posed most likely. And then I would make a small painting and sell that. How would they feel about that? I am disabled, so this is really low levels like a few paintings now and then to mark memorable moments say. you would be able to discern the parts of the games, but no text, except a separate title for the piece.

Just spitballing some ideas a round, and want to know whwere the community weighs in.

Thank you,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.