Popular Tags: [View All]
Guilherme B.
Portugal
Coimbra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have read the manual carefully, watched Osprey's how to play video and played a solo game to get the rules down, but a key point of the game is still unclear to me, and by reading threads here I have the impression this might have changed from the Japanese edition: what are the exact color requirements regarding the atman for the dream to be considered complete when Ren completes the poem? Do they need to match exactly (meaning if Ren's heart is blue, gold and red, the atman must be exactly blue, gold and red) or does Ren's heart only define which colors are permitted in the atman (meaning if Ren's heart is blue, gold and red, an atman with only blue and gold or an all-red atman would still fulfill the victory condition)?

This question is being asked with regard to the Osprey base game, before any envelopes are opened. Please avoid spoilers. 🙂
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This question is being asked with regard to the Osprey base game, before any envelopes are opened.

Then the answer is:

Quote:
Ren's heart only defines which colors are permitted in the atman (meaning if Ren's heart is blue, gold and red, an atman with only blue and gold or an all-red atman would still fulfill the victory condition)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme B.
Portugal
Coimbra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Martin! We've just won the base game on our second try and opened the first envelope, so now we know better - though I am not sure I want to know how much harder the game may get with yet another two envelopes to open!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.