Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://gameshelf.github.io is the site I build, clicking into it will display my collection.

You can load up your collection by appending your BGG user ID in the end https://gameshelf.github.io/?userId= (only need to do it for the first time, Cookie will remember it for future load).

The reason I build this site is because my collection has grown quite a bit since I started this hobby, and it become not so easy to pick a game to play for the game nights.

I honor the best # of players on BGG for the best play experience, but that data is only displayed in the single game page on BGG, and clicking into each candidate for the game night become a pain. Then game length game length is also important. So the only filter I build is best # of players and game length.

Note: the best # of players data is missing for most of the game, because that data is coming from exporting one's collection, and I have not added all the games into my collection... So, it is missing for most of the games.

Hope this site if useful for some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice but seems to ignore my user name.

https://gameshelf.github.io/?userid=kbieb still appears to be showing your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeps telling me it's waiting for a bgg refresh.

Pete (wonders if he has too many games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:

I clicked on refresh and it worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
User ratings are messed up. I have unrated games being rated as 0 or 1. Actually, there are games rated which I haven't. Patchwork is a 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:

https://gameshelf.github.io/?userid=kbieb still appears to be showing your collection.

Yes, blocking Cookies is the cause, but I just pushed out a fix, so it should work for you now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:

You should use plezercruz, rather than Pete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
User ratings are messed up. I have unrated games being rated as 0 or 1. Actually, there are games rated which I haven't. Patchwork is a 7.

Thanks for the feedback, I will look into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

It should be fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools

What are the 2nd and 3rd inputs for?
Nothing changes when I change these values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tanik wrote:

What are the 2nd and 3rd inputs for?
Nothing changes when I change these values.

Min. Play time, and Max Play time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Cool!

I like that the weight is shown. But it doesn't seem to be there for all games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Za Warudo wrote:
kbieb wrote:

Yes, blocking Cookies is the cause, but I just pushed out a fix, so it should work for you now.

I wasn't blocking cookies and the fix did not help.

I checked the cookie for your site in Developer's Tools (Chrome) and it had your user name for the value. I changed it to my user name and refreshed and it worked. It looks like the cookie got written the first time I accessed the page with your user name but then didn't get overwritten when I added my user name to the URL.

@Pete: I had to hit the refresh several times before it pulled the data.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:
Za Warudo wrote:
kbieb wrote:

I checked the cookie for your site in Developer's Tools (Chrome) and it had your user name for the value. I changed it to my user name and refreshed and it worked. It looks like the cookie got written the first time I accessed the page with your user name but then didn't get overwritten when I added my user name to the URL.

Strange, it should alway overwrite the userId whenever it is provided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Za Warudo wrote:
kbieb wrote:
Za Warudo wrote:
kbieb wrote:

Well, I retested it and it did the same thing. I access the site once with no URL variables and the cookie is created with your username. I access it again with my name as the userid variable and the cookie does not change. I manually change the value of the cookie and then I see my collection.

It sounds like it is working for some folks though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:
Za Warudo wrote:
kbieb wrote:
Za Warudo wrote:
kbieb wrote:

Well, I retested it and it did the same thing. I access the site once with no URL variables and the cookie is created with your username. I access it again with my name as the userid variable and the cookie does not change. I manually change the value of the cookie and then I see my collection.

It sounds like it is working for some folks though.

I found the problem, you were using userid rather than userId.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis da Ponte Alayza
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome tool. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This could come in handy - nice work

Although I'd probably rather the number of players field was the allowed number of players, not the best count

If I'm organising a game day with 6 people - I want to see the games I can play, even if its not necessarily optional with that count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello it would help if you add titles for the 3 fields at the top, nice work!!

E.g. # of Players, Minimum Duration (in mins), Maximum Duration (in mins)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tertius Gaudens
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
◉, ◉
badge
◉ ,◉
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:

Although I'd probably rather the number of players field was the allowed number of players, not the best count

If I'm organising a game day with 6 people - I want to see the games I can play, even if its not necessarily optional with that count.

^^This!

Great idea otherwise, though! I came to BGG hoping for this functionality and was stunned that it was lacking in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TertiusGaudens wrote:
bortmonkey wrote:

^^This!

Great idea otherwise, though! I came to BGG hoping for this functionality and was stunned that it was lacking in this regard.

Implemented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
r0t1prata wrote:
Hello it would help if you add titles for the 3 fields at the top, nice work!!

E.g. # of Players, Minimum Duration (in mins), Maximum Duration (in mins)

Added as placeholder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:
This could come in handy - nice work

Implemented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Za Warudo wrote:
TertiusGaudens wrote:
bortmonkey wrote:

^^This!

Implemented.

Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.