Subject: Can culling switch me from merciful to cruel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marlon Nelson
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm at Mercy 1, and I cull a card, do I stay at Mercy 1 or switch to Cruel 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy O'Connor
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would go to 1 cruelty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RandyOC wrote:
You would go to 1 cruelty

Once you leave the 0 spot on the cruel / merciful track, you never go back to it, but you can move directly from 1 cruel to 1 merciful (and vice versa).

That said, given there are benefits to be had from focussing on being either cruel or merciful, I'm not sure I'd want to be flipping back and forth around the middle of the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Fröcklin
Sweden
Nykvarn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
That said, given there are benefits to be had from focussing on being either cruel or merciful, I'm not sure I'd want to be flipping back and forth around the middle of the track.

I'd love it if there is a possible strategy being built upon flipping back and forth on the morality track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johoohno wrote:
Jim Marshall wrote:

I'd love it if there is a possible strategy being built upon flipping back and forth on the morality track.

There is - it's called 'losing'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but what about , if i have 5 Mercy, and i Cull two cards from my hand which means 2 cruelty?

Do i go down to 3 Mercy , or do i switch immediately to 2 cruelty, ignoring intermediate steps ?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
but what about , if i have 5 Mercy, and i Cull two cards from my hand which means 2 cruelty?

Do i go down to 3 Mercy , or do i switch immediately to 2 cruelty, ignoring intermediate steps ?

Thanks in advance!

You gain 2 Cruelty which would move you two spaces toward the end of the Cruelty side of the track. This would leave you at 3 Mercy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.