4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few (possibly stupid) questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Larsen

Minnesota
msg tools
I've played partway through a couple of campaigns. First one, stopped after the Hand obliterated my main team (and realizing I had gotten a LOT of rules wrong). Second, stopped after realizing that testing out Fen's/Italics's 6-player rules by myself was tedious.

Questions:

1) When fighting the Level 2 SA, after it selects its target for diabolical, can I dash 1 step out of the way to avoid being hit? I initially thought yes, but reviewing the card makes me think that, after it selects target, it will move toward (and attack) target, as long as it's in range.

2) For the WL: The WL Hunt Event that gives the WL Ground Fighting says to build AI deck normally. Does this mean the deck will technically have 1 extra AI card? Or is Ground Fighting counted as one of the Advanced Cards, but it just starts in playing?

3) For dodge - can I wait until after a hit location is rolled?

4) When fighting SA, the acanthus plant terrain card say the plants should be 4 squares separating them from each other (I believe - I don't have game near me right now). This is not possible in the area provided. Or I am calculating the distance wrong. Do I just place the plants anywhere in that space? Or is there a way to follow the distance requirements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SvenHardcore wrote:
I've played partway through a couple of campaigns. First one, stopped after the Hand obliterated my main team (and realizing I had gotten a LOT of rules wrong). Second, stopped after realizing that testing out Fen's/Italics's 6-player rules by myself was tedious.

Questions:

1) When fighting the Level 2 SA, after it selects its target for diabolical, can I dash 1 step out of the way to avoid being hit? I initially thought yes, but reviewing the card makes me think that, after it selects target, it will move toward (and attack) target, as long as it's in range.

2) For the WL: The WL Hunt Event that gives the WL Ground Fighting says to build AI deck normally. Does this mean the deck will technically have 1 extra AI card? Or is Ground Fighting counted as one of the Advanced Cards, but it just starts in playing?

4) When fighting SA, the acanthus plant terrain card say the plants should be 4 squares separating them from each other (I believe - I don't have game near me right now). This is not possible in the area provided. Or I am calculating the distance wrong. Do I just place the plants anywhere in that space? Or is there a way to follow the distance requirements?

1) I don't remember that specific card, but most cards have an AI Flow line between target selection and the effect. You can use Dash at the AI Flows.

2) Not sure. I think I've played it both ways.

3) Yes

4) If the showdown gives you directions on terrain placement, you ignore the terrain placement rules given on the card, so ignore the 4 tile separation rule on the acanthus terrain card. You can clump all the acanthus next to each other if you want in the SA showdown as long as they are all in the given zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) You can dash after the antelope selects a target, but it will deviate from the straight path and pursue you. You're going to get hit unless you can dash far enough away that it has insufficient move.

2.) Ground fighting in play gives the lion one more card, but even so it's a really nice benefit (assuming you have a ranged attack of some kind).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
Definitely not stupid questions.

Quote:

Many of us were caught off guard by this also. Poots recently clarified that the SA does not stay in the trample zone when perusing the target. Your first opportunity to Dash out of the way is after the SA has already targeted you.
(Edit: The "Trample Zone" just confused some of us originally because we assumed it would do it's trampling inside the zone. It seems obvious now. The card says nothing about staying in the zone, it just tells us to use the zone to get a target, (flow), then move the SA through the target.)

Reference this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27687697#27687697

Quote:

It isn't really clear. Is it saying "build AI deck normally including the GF card"? or "build AI deck normally after placing the GF into play"? I have always understood it to mean build the deck normally after placing GF onto the mood track (so it's an extra card). I'm always happy with that hunt card as it grants unlimited time to harvest terrain and move survivors into the perfect position. I always have at least bone darts, otherwise GF is a TPK early game.

Quote:

From the glossary: "Dodge: A survival action. When a survivor is hit, after rolling hit location dice but before damage."

Quote:

The specified terrain in the Showdown Setup instructions uses the green boxes, and overrides the setup instructions on the bottom of their cards. The SA's acanthus can be all lumped adjacent inside that green diamond shape. Any additional random acanthus would have to follow the card rules and be 6 squares apart.

Reference the rulebook's Showdown chapter, under the "Terrain & Deployment" section:
"First, use any specifically-listed terrain cards to set up their corresponding terrain tiles according to the Showdown Setup diagram found on the story event. If the terrain tiles are not on the diagram, follow the setup rules on the bottom of each card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.