Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has got my attention, it looks (like so many GMT games) to be extremely well made, has fine components and a unique style. It's not like any other game in my collection. Whilst I'm very tempted I'm curious as to how the side on view works in terms of 3D modelling.

How are those of you who've played this finding the game, is it as good as it seems?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played, yet, but if you want to go 3d you are in luck. Many places sell aircraft small enough to fit the counters. All you have to do is cut them in half and stick them on the counters!

Check out Shapeways, Etsy and Thingverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s plays great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays really well, is great fun and easy to learn.

It's more operational/grand tactical than pure tactical. I don't feel I miss the 3rd dimension (into/out of the page).

You're flying and fighting with multiple whole squadrons rather than individual planes. YOu don't have absolute control over the squadrons either, at least until the fighting starts.

Very easy to solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insights Vance, it's good to know you don't miss the 3rd dimension. On first look the game appears odd but the feedback has generally been excellent for this game system and I'm feeling intrigued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Legan

APO
AE
msg tools
designer
mb
I have been playing tactical miniatures for several years now; mainly Bag the Hun. This is an operational game and it is good. I believe I will be able to use my miniatures with it as most battles don't use than many height bands but haven't started that project yet. That said the counters are gorgeous! My quibble is the ADCs are generic compared to most miniature games. While some of this is expected moving from plane to squadron level that is my first project.
I am glad I bought it.

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The 3rd dimension is actually (and very nicely) abstracted into the game's system / rules. IOW, as you execute maneuvers with the aircraft, the resulting outcome is based on modeling all three dimensions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.