Subject: Defeating the Necromancer with zero secrecy. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Necromancer be defeated when he forces a combat on your turn due to zero secrecy?

My Ranger drops to zero secrecy at the start of his turn, so the Necromancer starts a combat. The Ranger happens to have a Relic, so I choose Fight and roll a 6!

The area is free of Blights. Is the Necromancer defeated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Though remember the Necromancer creates a blight every turn, so this is usually only possible if another hero goes before you and destroys the blight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is often a winning strategy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:
Yes.

Though remember the Necromancer creates a blight every turn, so this is usually only possible if another hero goes before you and destroys the blight.

The area was clear of blights. The Shaman had activated Hyrda Totem and luckily destroyed everything!

Quick follow up. I would still need to announce the use of the Relic before my roll, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally assume heroes always use their relic unless they specifically declare that they're NOT, but yes, you would need to decide whether or not to use the relic before you roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.