Subject: How do the VIP's work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS and am "stuck" with the retail version. Of all the differences, the one I'm most curious about is exactly how the VIP plot twist/meeples work.

I'm wondering if this might be something I can proxy. I looked at the KS page and the rulebook posted there, but didn't see a full explanation. Thanks if you can help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically you add ten VIPs to the visitor bag. They enter before hooligans and give 2 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
verballyinsane wrote:
Basically you add ten VIPs to the visitor bag. They enter before hooligans and give 2 VP.

Yep, Brian's got it right. Each VIP you pull from the bag still gives $1 income, enters the park before anyone else, and provides 2 VP instead of 1 VP.

If you put a VIP on a food vendor and choose to gain income instead of VP, you still only gain $2, just like a Patron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avery Bailey
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Yep, Brian's got it right.

I hope Brian has it right, he designed the card/game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Avemo3 wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Wrong Brian Lewis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avery Bailey
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
Avemo3 wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:
verballyinsane wrote:

Wrong Brian Lewis.

My bad!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hastriter
United States
Shalimar
FL
flag msg tools
Who dies first? Hooligans or VIP or normal Patrons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red14Blue16 wrote:
Who dies first? Hooligans or VIP or normal Patrons?

From the FAQ:

Q: How do VIPs work in phase 4? Do you collect money for them? Do they get eaten?
A: (From designers) VIPs, you could also call Very Important Patrons. They are considered patrons - they give money when they visit the park. All patrons give money, even if they are standing in line. VIPs give 2 points when visiting an attraction, and unlike normal patrons can be placed before all hooligans. They also count towards objectives such as "earn $12 from patrons". You can eat patrons in any order, so of course regular patrons will be eaten first, then VIPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.