1. If a room has fire and gets smoke does it immediately destroy the room?
2. Can you actively choose to not take the departmental requirement if you think they are the thing? And thus not be able to swap. Or must you ALWAYS take the department and number of people needed for mission if possible?
3. If a room has a fire and power outage. And a mission has 3 team in a 4 to 8 player game. Does a person, not apart of the team who is asked to put out the fire, also need a flash light?
1. Yes - see p9 "EVENTS: SMOKE/FIRE & POWER OUTAGES"
2. Only if you have Rope. If you don't have any rope you have to take the number of people specified and fulfill the department requirement.
3. I think so. Rules are a little ambiguous, but the glossary says "Flashlight (p9) — A Supply card which must be revealed and discarded to
enter a room with a Power Out card in it. Does not remove the Power Out card."