Subject: Location damage to enemies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Akers
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the rulebook, it's very clear that locations will deal their damage to both players and enemies at that location, however I can't find how to resolve this.

If a location deals 2 damage, is this assumed to be colorless damage (meaning it has no effect on enemies that take 3+ colorless or have a colored damage step), is it damage steps? Is there an order to deal this damage? (IE: if my character is at a location with 5 tokens that take 1 colorless to clear, can the location kill them before they hit my character?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmuth wrote:
In the rulebook, it's very clear that locations will deal their damage to both players and enemies at that location...

Can you quote the phrase that makes you believe that Locations deal damage to Obstacles? I do not believe that is the intent.

On a player's turn, if they are 'in' a location, that location will damage them.
On a player's turn, if they are facing a non-location, that obstacle will damgae them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably mean this:
Quote:
TAKING DAMAGE Take Damage: At the end of your turn, if you are in a Location that has an Attack Strength, it deals damage to you along with all of the non-Location encounters that are facing you (if any). Facing: Only the non-Location encounters that are physically facing you will deal damage to you, regardless of how many characters are at your Location. Discarding: If a character in a Location goes Unconscious and no other player is in that Location, discard the Location.

I believe that this is supposed to be parsed as:
Locations attack the active player
non-locations attack the active player

Not:
Locations attack the player
Locations attack the encounters you are facing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Akers
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ah, got you, sentence is missing a comma, but that's the exact one I read, location deals 2 damage to you along with all the non-location encounters facing you....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official response for those finding this thread:

Re: Location Damage (Levels, Any Color, Colorless?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.