Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping I could come here for some help.

Finally decided to dive in and get a copy of this game. I missed the boat on it when the anniversary came out (heard about it too late)
Sad thing is I had a chance to buy the CE for $400 before release but back then I wasnt spending that kind of money on a board game ... 1000 games later and ---- well thats another story.

Anyway I have been looking on ebay and came across the Collectors edition which is unmistakable but recently found someone selling an anniversary edition for $750 but he says its #256 of #500
I thought the Anniversary edition had a print run of 2000 or was there a third run of these games that I didnt know about

any help would be appreciated !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#256 of #500 sounds like it's just the map and the books. They had a print run of 500. Before you go for the AE, you might want to check out the quality issue threads here on BGG (concerning the board, the rest is mostly fine).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Also if you are really really patient and want to roll the dice, Roberto says they eventually would like to release WotR, LoME, WoME and the untitled third expansion together as a single super deluxe anniversary edition someday.

This is years out if it happens at all, but it avoids the uncomfortable feeling of getting gouged on the secondary market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
The Collector's Edition is a 1st edition. You probably want an additional "Upgrade Kit" (pretty rare nowadays) or a regular 2nd edition for the reworked cards.
The Anniversary Release is a 2nd edition.
Anniversary Release Deluxe Set contains only the game board and (rules/strategy) books.

The uncertain combined expansion package might not include another base game.
http://www.aresgames.eu/14936
Quote:
When the "trilogy" of WOTR expansions is completed, we would like to manufacture one set including all three expansions, as a future "companion" to the Anniversary Edition.
However, we cannot promise this will happen, nor offer a firm release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
#256 of #500 sounds like it's just the map and the books. They had a print run of 500. Before you go for the AE, you might want to check out the quality issue threads here on BGG (concerning the board, the rest is mostly fine).

This. Both the Anniversary Edition and Collectors had print runs of 2000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Morin
United States
New Port Richey
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
barbarianprince wrote:
I am hoping I could come here for some help.

Finally decided to dive in and get a copy of this game. I missed the boat on it when the anniversary came out (heard about it too late)
Sad thing is I had a chance to buy the CE for $400 before release but back then I wasnt spending that kind of money on a board game ... 1000 games later and ---- well thats another story.

Anyway I have been looking on ebay and came across the Collectors edition which is unmistakable but recently found someone selling an anniversary edition for $750 but he says its #256 of #500
I thought the Anniversary edition had a print run of 2000 or was there a third run of these games that I didnt know about

any help would be appreciated !!

That's a shame, because I sold my Anniversary Edition on eBay for $450 back in November. Just keep an eye on eBay, copies of the game pop up all the time. Good luck!

Regards,

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.