Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work, Republicans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is old news, there was a thread about that before.

Edit: but of course, I can't find it now. But the article linked in the tweet is a year old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. First for me.

Republicans have been turning autocratic with show elections for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
.....and was pretty thoroughly debunked over a year ago.

Here is an article from Slate.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/201...

Oh, NC was not even the lowest scoring State and North Korea scored higher than 27 states - so take the grading with a large grain of salt.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The legislature changing the powers of the Governor(reversing their own previous course of expamdimg them)when their own guy was booted is good enough on it's own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Put aside the concept of legislators allowed to draw representative district lines (insanity, pure insanity) and the rest of the article is kind of ... dreck.

North Carolina is no different than small population mostly rural states -- politics tends to be one way or the other, and the majority of legislators tend to be of one political flavor, not just party (in my state, Oklahoma, social issues are so strong among evangelical right wing voters they elect legislators who can produce dozens of bills on abortion and gay rights that get tossed by federal courts but have yet to produce the budget required by the state constitution. Oh well) The urban-rural divide is quite political, and in states where urban voters don't overwhelm rural voters, you will get conservative legislatures. The same is true in urban states, where you tend to get liberal legislatures. It's the will of those who vote (fuck the assholes who don't vote) so it's about as democratic as you can get in real life.

That redistricting, though, has to stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.