Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

Marvel Legendary is my favorite game of all time. When a new expansion comes out my hopes get high, I always rush to get the new expansion and play each scheme using the new characters, heroes and masterminds. Let's call it a tradition!

This is another expansion that gives you everything you need to change everything in the game (except for wounds, bystanders, and henchmen). You get two new villains and 2 masterminds (one is an evil Deadpool). The Evil Deadpool would be a fun villain in another set also. The heroes are mostly unknown to me, although I can see some possibilities with combos with other characters (I'm looking at you Hydra Bob).

This is a fun little set, but not where I would start unless you are a huge Deadpool fan. All of the humor from the series is here including flavor text and oddities like powers determined by how tall you are. Also, all the powers have 1/2 scores unlike anything we have seen up to this point in the series. These 1/2 scores are hard to translate to other characters when they are not used in combination with this set. Nevertheless, what else would you expect from Deadpool?

As an aside, I didn't find the dark humor nor the colorful language used by Deadpool. This is pretty safe to play with younger kids if you so desire.

Keeper.

Components:

The components are more cards. I sleeve all of my Legendary cards as I play this game a lot. That has added to the cost and I don't know that it is needed, it is just what I did. The cards are great quality and there are a lot of inside jokes in this set. There are lots of attention to detail with this set.

Rule Book:

The rule book is good and written in a comical manner with the fourth wall being beaten down by Deadpool himself. The rule book is a folded out paper with full color and the new rules explained. It is simple and funny.

Flow of the Game:

This expansions doesn't change the rules much. You get four schemes that obviously add a different plot to the game. The newest points of interest is the half scores and the humor in the game. Some things are more random like your powers depend on how tall you are or the time of the day. You can just skip that if you want, but they are in the game.

Otherwise, this just adds more cards to the base game.

Should I buy this game?:

Yes, if you want more variety in Marvel Legendary or you are a huge fan of Deadpool. As this is an expansion I have to compare it to other expansions for the game. Like Deadpool himself, the set feels like something different. It has its own flavor, depth and humor. It feels different. It likely isn't the first expansion I would get for Marvel Legendary unless you are a huge Deadpool fan. This should be compared to the Captain American or Spider Man set than the others.

Keeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.