Cole Spiller
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sic Semper Tyrannis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Liberty Roads and I've just started the Budapest-Vienna Scenario in Victory Roads, bringing about a few questions.

1. Supports going back into the draw pool:When I played Liberty Roads, I assumed supports like "Tiger" and "Nebelwerfer" were one time use. However, after reading their new description in Victory Roads, it seems they are not. Does the Nebelwerfer stay in place until overrun? Also, does the Tiger remain attached until the unit is removed or destroyed? If so, when the unit is destroyed/position is overrun, does it return to the support draw pool?

2. F Result when defender is destroyed: When an "F" result is earned by the defender, it states defender can stay or retreat one hex and lose one less step loss. If the unit is meant to take one step loss, but only has 1 step and is destroyed, can it be brought back if it retreats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dangla
France
Bry/Marne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not an expert of the game but :

1) If I remember correctly, it is the same as in Liberty Roads : the support is in principe left on the map until the beginning of the following turn (unless the unit the Tiger support is attached to is destroyed before or the enemy enters the hex of the Nebelwerfer), so it can be used for instance both during the combat phase and the exploitation phase.

2) Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Cairol
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) It's been a while now, but IIRC, in LR you have the option to keep supports on the map (except for a few one use only ones) at the start of the next Support Phase by paying two generic supports. Otherwise, they go back to the pool. In VR, you don't have that option, so supports remain on the map just for one turn (unless destroyed before) and then go back to the pool.

2) Correct. If you take F as a retreat and save 1 step, if there was only 1 step, you retreat and keep it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Gentil-Perret
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
dogboygenius wrote:
I've played Liberty Roads and I've just started the Budapest-Vienna Scenario in Victory Roads, bringing about a few questions.

1. Supports going back into the draw pool:When I played Liberty Roads, I assumed supports like "Tiger" and "Nebelwerfer" were one time use. However, after reading their new description in Victory Roads, it seems they are not. Does the Nebelwerfer stay in place until overrun? Also, does the Tiger remain attached until the unit is removed or destroyed? If so, when the unit is destroyed/position is overrun, does it return to the support draw pool?

Look at 5.2
At the start of the Support phase, all Support markers of the phasing player which were played during the previous turn are put back into the pool.

In Liberty Roads, the Allied player (only) could keep one support on the map for the cost of 2 supports in his available box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.