msg tools
I’m really an okay guy.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a Noob question but serious one.

Can you use play legacy as normal pandemic for a few games before opening all the legacy components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:

Can you use play legacy as normal pandemic for a few games before opening all the legacy components?

Yes. The rule book even suggests that you do this, if you haven't played vanilla Pandemic before. (See "If you've never played Pandemic..." on p. 3.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleo Sills
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this the first time I ever played Pandemic. It works GREAT! And it's nice to use the larger board and updated components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gregersen
Denmark
Svendborg
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:

You certainly can, there are some differences on the board. On the original Pandemic board Santiago is only connected to Lima and not to Buenos Aires. This makes it a bit easier to travel to Santiago, but not a major change
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Politis
msg tools
mb
Carter_Burke wrote:

My wife and l played about 15 games without using the legacy parts.
Tried 5 characters. And had loads of fun trying new things out.

Best combo we found for our game set up was the Medic and dispatcher.

Our game set up was..

We played 1 character each and we started with 4 player cards each.

5 funded cards in player deck.
And of course the epidemic cards.

We set our own victory conditions as eradicate all four diseases. Which we only managed to do with these two characters. Medic and dispatcher.

We liked this challenge a lot and many hours of fun doing it. It prepared us well for the legacy game which we have won all 5 games so far. A bit of luck helps too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.