Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed for plastic cards and I honestly can't tell if what I received is plastic. They feel like normal card stock cards, I was expecting them to feel like the cards in Too Many Bones or the super thick cards in Flying Frog Games. How can I tell if I got the right boxes? They had green dot stickers on the shrink wrap if that makes a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a comparison picture in the most recent KS update. But the plastic is much whiter from the side and 7/8" thick. They're not the same as the plastic cards in TMB (and in my opinion are far superior, because they're not slippery and don't have faded ink)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asmadigames/one-deck-du...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet you got the right ones; mine were also marked with a green dot. I guess you could submerge them in water to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
I bet you got the right ones; mine were also marked with a green dot. I guess you could submerge them in water to be sure.

You can do anything once, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of boxes with green dot have gone out with paper cards because of factory errors - do check your deck against the picture!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
A number of boxes with green dot have gone out with paper cards because of factory errors - do check your deck against the picture!

Thanks Chris. Mine are stark white on the sides, so it looks like I got the right ones. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Snyder
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like you got the right ones. I absolutely love them! I had ODD v1.0 in card stock, and I am loving the plastic versions for both games. They are so easy to shuffle and great to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
(and in my opinion are far superior, because they're not slippery and don't have faded ink)

One of the reasons I wanted plastic cards was because I figured it would be easier to slide the cards underneath as you gained new skills and items, which is hard to with these.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I wish I hadn't bothered with the plastic cards; they are quite disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Velez
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
cafin8d wrote:
(and in my opinion are far superior, because they're not slippery and don't have faded ink)

One of the reasons I wanted plastic cards was because I figured it would be easier to slide the cards underneath as you gained new skills and items, which is hard to with these.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I wish I hadn't bothered with the plastic cards; they are quite disappointing.

I found the plastic cards quite satisfying. They don't need sleeves and shuffle great. Feel like I'll have them forever.

Crazy how experiences can vary so wildly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the plastic cards are great and extra thickness makes it easier to pick the cards up.

Plus, I don't care about nicking the edge because they are plastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:

I have a deck of plastic cards for Mottainai (also Asmadi, so likely same manufacturer).

They are really nice to use on a soft surface, like a carpet (!) or a tablecloth.

I find them harder to use on a hard wooden table. Tucking multiple cards underneath a play mat (similar to ODD) can be tricky, and it can be difficult to pick a single card off the table.

My issue is that my wife likes her wooden table and prefers not to put a cloth on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can someone confirm (or deny) the deck comparison thicknesses? My original deck of 56 cards is indeed 5/8", but my replacement deck of 56 cards is only slightly taller -- 1/16" taller at 11/16".

Not only that, but that KS pic... when I zoom it on my phone to make the bottom deck 5/8", the top deck is 6/8", not 7/8".

So are those KS measurements wrong or did I get paper? The sides of my new deck do look a bit whiter, but not as distinctively as those in that pic.

Still, I think my replacements must be right as the FoS height is a smidge taller, which I believe is plastic. However, FoS comes with 60 cards, and if I remove 4 to also make it 56 cards, it's also 11/16".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

Can someone confirm (or deny) the deck comparison thicknesses? My original deck of 56 cards is indeed 5/8", but my replacement deck of 56 cards is only slightly taller -- 1/16" taller at 11/16".

These are measured tightly squeezing the decks.
Original Game Paper: 16mm
Original Game Plastic: 23mm
Forst of Shadows Plastic: 24mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

Not only that, but that KS pic... when I zoom it on my phone to make the bottom deck 5/8", the top deck is 6/8", not 7/8".

So are those KS measurements wrong or did I get paper? The sides of my new deck do look a bit whiter, but not as distinctively as those in that pic.

Still, I think my replacements must be right as the FoS height is a smidge taller, which I believe is plastic. However, FoS comes with 60 cards, and if I remove 4 to also make it 56 cards, it's also 11/16".

The thickness of this print run is a teeny bit different, so 1/16" is not unreasonable. I didn't remeasure with new cards, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm an idiot -- I thought I had ordered plastic but at last minute I had chosen not to make the upgrade. So disregard me and my earlier post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

I'm an idiot -- I thought I had ordered plastic but at last minute I had chosen not to make the upgrade. So disregard me and my earlier post.

-_-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.