Sushi Go Party!» Forums » General

Subject: Storage Tray Confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howie Horowitz
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi All,

We just opened up our new game and the storage tray for the cards is very different from all the ones We have seen online. All of the ones We have seen online has many slots for the cards. Ours has some larger slots but nothing to seperate the cards by type which I think is how you are supposed to store them. Has the packaging changed? Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Howie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow that is odd. FWIW I tossed the tray and bagged the cards by type because my cards fell out of the slots and consistently got mixed up. Maybe contact Gameworks and see if they can get you a proper tray?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Do you mind posting a picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Simon

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It definitely sounds like new packaging... or a mistake. What is the date on the tin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just purchased this game as well and the insert is kinda janky.

There are a few large slots in the middle that will hold the cards in bulk, but definitely not individually by type. There are a couple slots that sorta hold the menu cards, but again in bulk. Then around the sides of the insert are 4 slots that aren't really sized well for anything. It's a pretty useless insert as far as card sorting goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howie Horowitz
Canada
flag msg tools

Here are a couple photos of the insert tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howie Horowitz
Canada
flag msg tools
I thought it might be a mistake too. I just see a copyright date of 2016 on the tin. Im not sure if thats when it was pacakged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the picture, that looks totally different from mine. And useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's the same insert I have. It's useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Are you supposed to group by Special / Rolls / Appetizer / Desert with that tray? Might not be too bad.

I have this tray:

But we put the menu cards sideways so it fits so it's more like this:

And you can't really read where stuff is, and the menu cards slide around, so it isn't all that great either. Might be preferable just to group stuff as this new organizer seems to. But looks like the menu cards are supposed to go on those 4 outer slots though and that doesn't look too convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Coe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this for Christmas, have the new insert as well.

We took some small hair rubber bands and grouped the cards and menu tiles together. Nigiri gets front slot, rolls next, 3rd in a baggie saki pieces, appetizers get the largest slot, specials next, and deserts in the back.

We got rid of the side paper inserts, but I think that a mistake now because the board could rest on them instead of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lima
Brazil
Sorocaba
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can store a full deck ready to play in one of the slots, then that's a much better insert than the original one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K E
msg tools
Having just gotten this myself: You might THINK the new tray works better if you group cards, but the walls of the "slots" are shorter, and combined with the wider slots, it means the cards WILL explode out. I've ended up just wrapping my cards with Hugo's Amazing Tape, which works well, but I'm pretty frustrated by how bad this insert is. A good one would make set-up/tear-down of this game MUCH quicker.

This is the first game I've owned where I've seriously considered buying a custom insert, only to find there aren't any!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This must be how they're punishing us for complaining about the old insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My newly purchased copy also has the new, simpler insert.

According to the rulebook you are supposed to sort the cards and their corresponding menu tiles into the 5 categories listed on the inside cover. Then place each category set in one of the sections with the rectangular wells.

The menu tiles act as separators and should sit with their category name above the edge of the cards. They sit down in the wells at the bottoms of each section. There should be one section without a well and I think that is to hold the player pieces in the baggie.

After sorting, the cards are pretty loose and flop over but they seem to stay upright once sleeved so I think the insert was intended to work best with sleeved cards. Nonetheless, as long as you store the game flat, you can let the sections flop over and they should be okay. For now I've got them flopped so that the dividers are supporting the cards to keep the cards from getting bent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ryalyn wrote:
My newly purchased copy also has the new, simpler insert.

According to the rulebook you are supposed to sort the cards and their corresponding menu tiles into the 5 categories listed on the inside cover. Then place each category set in one of the sections with the rectangular wells.

The menu tiles act as separators and should sit with their category name above the edge of the cards. They sit down in the wells at the bottoms of each section. There should be one section without a well and I think that is to hold the player pieces in the baggie.

After sorting, the cards are pretty loose and flop over but they seem to stay upright once sleeved so I think the insert was intended to work best with sleeved cards. Nonetheless, as long as you store the game flat, you can let the sections flop over and they should be okay. For now I've got them flopped so that the dividers are supporting the cards to keep the cards from getting bent.

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mylene Desjardins
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools

This is how it should look with the new tray insert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mylisse wrote:

This is how it should look with the new tray insert

Thank you for the picture. I am now using the insert as designed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesssss thank you so much for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Y
United States
California
flag msg tools
OMG Thank you! It still bugs me that the wells are too big, but this actually works!

May I share this in the other SGP! storage threads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Y
United States
California
flag msg tools

This works too to keep them “secure”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Morrison
United Kingdom
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've just had to put all in a baggie. I think if they are all ordered when put away, it isn't too much of an issue to select from the menu what is needed for the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks good but are you supposed to keep the cardboard inserts? Confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
New insert, eh?

Did they ever improve the card quality? I remember reading a ton of negative feedback about Sushi Go Party's card quality when it first came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Is Amazon shipping the new 2.0 insert version now? Has anyone bought theirs recently from Amazon and gotten the new taller box and insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.