War in the Pacific: 1941-1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: redeployment of chinese units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vince Garner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
When does the redeployment occur? Is it after the standard redeployment and therefore the Allied player will see where Japanese land units are before making their decision? Also, can the units redeploy to one of the three original set up hexes that is not a continuing battle but does contain a Japanese land unit, thus initiating a battle? During the campaign segment may units that have not yet moved that are in a space with enemy units move out of the space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pole

Winkleigh
Devon
msg tools
designer
Vince,

Thanks for this.

The restoration and re-deployment of Chinese units takes place at the end of the Turn; that is, after the re-deployment of other units has been completed.

The Chinese units may re-deploy to a hex containing a Japanese unit(s) not engaged in continuous combat, thus initiating a battle in the following Turn.

I'm not quite sure I understand your final question. Chinese units cannot undertake campaigns [Rule 12.2]. Other land units which begin the phase on a hex occupied by an enemy land unit are prohibited from moving by Rule 8.3, bp3.

Please don't hesitate to revert to me if I have misunderstood your question. I'm back home now so have access to the Rules.

Regards,

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.