Munchkin Marvel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
Quick question.

Can you discard monster cards from your hand in the charity phase?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you don't discard excess cards, necessarily, you give them to the player with the lowest level, blah, blah, see Phase 5 - Charity. But you do get rid of them, one way or another.

If you do get rid of extra cards it only says "cards", so it does not distinguish. Whatever you do with the cards, give them or discard them, you do with whatever card you want, it doesn't matter what kind. In fact, only you and the recipient, if any, even know what card you passed on. Other players might see the card back and know that it is a door card, but they don't know what kind of door card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
That makes sense.

I have another quick question related to my previous one.

Say in the charity phase I give the lowest player 3 cards but it takes them over the hand limit do they then repeat and give the next lowest player excess cards?

Really appreciate the quick reply as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SER BARRISTAN SELMY wrote:
Say in the charity phase I give the lowest player 3 cards but it takes them over the hand limit do they then repeat and give the next lowest player excess cards?

Yes, unless they are the lowest player already. In which case, discard down to five cards in your hand.

The Rules wrote:
If you have more than five cards in your hand, you must play enough cards to get you to five or below. If you cannot, or do not want to, you must give the excess cards to the player with the lowest Level. If players are tied for lowest, divide the cards as evenly as possible, but it’s up to you who gets the bigger set(s) of leftovers. If YOU are the lowest or tied for lowest, just discard the excess cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hackard
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SER BARRISTAN SELMY wrote:

Not until their own Charity phase. And if they're over the limit at that point, they discard the excess if they have the lowest Level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you all for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
The Charity part only kicks in at the end of your turn. The rules also state you can play any cards you receive "At Any Time...Well, As Long As You're Not In Combat"

So, if I received 2 Items and it put my hand to 7 cards, I would just play the two Items in front of me as being carried, and then choose to equip them on my actual turn. I think that's how that would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.