Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Scriven
Australia
Kooringal
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Hoping someone could help me with:
1) assault impulse-I gather the combat rules specifically for assault are 11.5?

2)Are the rules for "overrun' under 11.5.4 in error? Can't understand if the defenders are overrun, why then does the attacker 'not have to flip/eliminate 'their' leading unit'?

Wouldnt it be that if a defender is overrun, & they can't absorb their attrition points, then wouldn't all the defender units be eliminated as per 14.1?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
The defender is eliminated. The attacker has achieved such a clean and easy victory he takes no losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Scriven
Australia
Kooringal
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Thanks, & I am right for assault impulse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Not near the rules so can not comment on reference number you sited but the basic idea is if you move into area and attack the enemy you will always have lead attacking unit take a loss when you win a combat against defender unless you achieve an overrun. If you lose combat then all attacking units are taking a loss. (avoid this) Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhagodia wrote:
Thanks, & I am right for assault impulse?

Overruns may only occur during an Assault Impulse. They may not occur as a result of a Ranged Attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.