Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking twice with weapon then projectile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kaytor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can I use my weapon (red fist icon) to attack then use a projectile, like icy knives (yellow triangle icon), with my left over action essentially attacking twice in one turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
keymaker1983 wrote:
Can I use my weapon (red fist icon) to attack then use a projectile, like icy knives (yellow triangle icon), with my left over action essentially attacking twice in one turn?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kaytor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thought so. Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
For Dex characters, elven knives are almost a must buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Majin Sephiroth
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In regards to this ruling, I have a question. Does every action count towards a separate "Hit" phase?

For example, Shae at lvl 3 gets 2 Fight Actions. Using her Assassin side gives her 2 dagger attacks (main + offhand), does that mean that at level 3 she gets 4 dagger attacks towards the same "Hit"? Or are they considered different Hits and need different Defense phases?

By the same ruling, can you throw daggers (action) and hit with daggers (fight action) during the same "Hit" phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
absolutely nope
Each "attack" has its own Hit Phase... Using an Action to "generate" an attack is just as generate an attack by spending a Combat activity, and any attack must be resolved sequentially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MajinSephiroth wrote:
In regards to this ruling, I have a question. Does every action count towards a separate "Hit" phase?

For example, Shae at lvl 3 gets 2 Fight Actions. Using her Assassin side gives her 2 dagger attacks (main + offhand), does that mean that at level 3 she gets 4 dagger attacks towards the same "Hit"? Or are they considered different Hits and need different Defense phases?

By the same ruling, can you throw daggers (action) and hit with daggers (fight action) during the same "Hit" phase?

"For example, Shae at lvl 3 gets 2 Fight Actions. Using her Assassin side gives her 2 dagger attacks (main + offhand), does that mean that at level 3 she gets 4 dagger attacks towards the same "Hit"?" This sounds wrong. 1 fight action mean you can pick either using main OR offhand weapon. Not both. So, at level 1 and 2, you can use the dagger 1 once. And at level 3+, you can use the dagger twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
alvinltlo wrote:
MajinSephiroth wrote:

"For example, Shae at lvl 3 gets 2 Fight Actions. Using her Assassin side gives her 2 dagger attacks (main + offhand), does that mean that at level 3 she gets 4 dagger attacks towards the same "Hit"?" This sounds wrong. 1 fight action mean you can pick either using main OR offhand weapon. Not both. So, at level 1 and 2, you can use the dagger 1 once. And at level 3+, you can use the dagger twice.
This is wrong. Assassin Shae's innate gives her an extra attack with an offhand dagger when she uses her mainhand dagger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.