7 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn» Forums » General

Subject: Looking to upgrade components? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Biblios
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade the components of this game (which is a surprise to me considering it's a FFG). Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe use the barbarians from my Clash of Cultures game, the realistic resources from Scythe to represent the oil and mercury, acrylic diamond pieces you can find at the dollar store. Does anyone have any other suggestions or other ideas? Especially for the marble and other components. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim G.
msg tools
Oil - Deluxe edition power grid oil tokens are a good fit I think
Mercury - Flat glass marbles that shine in a similar fashion
Diamond - Fake plastic jewels, though I'm not sure where to find them
Trade tokens - brown/yellow wooden cubes similar to what some other board games have (also not sure)

Marble - No clue what would fit well with this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marble - You can get some polished white stones at your local craft store. They're usually in with the flower arranging section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
replacing the barbarians would not be easy considering that they are marked with a letter which is needed to convey if that barbarian needs to be replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game 878: Vikings has some pretty small viking/medieval miniatures that would work well as minis on top of the token. Either glue them to the token or make new wood tokens with the minis on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

For barbarians, I use the little horsemen from my old risk game. They are just the right size and, in black, look great on the board.

I leave the original token at the side of the board unless the barbarian wanders too far - then I put the token under him. When a barbarian dies, he is set off to the side on his token to await respawning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2019 Jun 12th - 16th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 21 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice from Farkle Frenzy are an exact match, if you are want each faction to have their own die.

(I thrifted a copy a long time ago and just kept the dice, and finally found a use for them!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.