Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » General

Subject: Summoner Wars on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jendrzej Szemis
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I’ve recently busted out Summoner Wars again in the new year and I’m once again amazed at what a wonderful game it is. However, I am a little bit sad that there his no more coming out for the game.

I’ve always wanted to see some more Summoners come out. Particularly, my dream would be to see these 3rd Summoners be made using the existing cards form their respective reinforcement packs. Adding the required summoner, event, wall and remaining champions and commons to make up some more ready made decks to play.

The other gap I would like to see filled is a set of mercenary commons with the remaining faction icons from the other factions that aren’t represented.

Kickstarter would be a great option for gauging interest for producing a more niche product for Summoner Wars.

Please Plaid Hat, consider putting out some more content for the game that put you on the map.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan مروان
Canada
Metro Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

LOL...Damn you! I thought there was an actual Kickstarter for the game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PHG is part of Asmodee, pretty much the largest gaming company outside of Hasbro. There is pretty much 0 reason for a company that large to be using KS. They have plenty of money to do what they want.

Also 40 summoners not enough for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray S
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My Sunday gaming buddy and I finished up 12 weeks of playing Summoner Wars New Year's Eve. With 40 summoners we can pretty much play the rest of our lives and never repeat a match.n

Having play tested the second summoners I know that Colby has said the game is finished.

Still a great game all these years later and one I will always be playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jendrzej Szemis
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I think the main thing is that I always tend to play with the pre-made decks and thus I never really see the other units in play much. It would be nice to have those other units incorporated in their own decks to bust out as well.

Regarding the mercs, that’s just a bit of completionist there. It would be nice to have all the factions represented is all.

In any case I’m loving the game once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jendrzej Szemis
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I could see summoner supplement packs that come out to match the already exisiting reinforcement pack that contain the needed summoner, event, wall, etc.. cards. As well as say a few copies of an addition the missing mercenary unit. You would be pushing about 50 cards in the pack, but they’ve done that before with the swamp orc second summoner. As a product it would be a bit awkward as you would need to own a Summoner Wars set and a respective reinforcement pack. But that’s why Kickstarter would be a good avenue for this to be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.