11 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing solo games rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all, I would like to ask this question as an example. I do not have all the expansions, but I do have Core, Hera, Pandora and Titans. So maybe I am missing something vital?

I want to play the Titans alone. In the first game with 1-2 players, being played alone, 2 gods are chosen - Zeus and Athena, add to that the heroes, monsters and troops (Spartans or Centaurs- page 3 says Spartans, page 4 places Centaurs).

So are there two decks as if it were a 2 player game or 1 deck with all activation cards and AoW cards merged, for the single player?
So does the single player now draw 3 cards from each of the two decks and adds 2 x 3 more AoW cards (one set to each hand) and he plays with 2 hands, or he draws 3 cards from the single deck and adds 1 x 3 AoW cards to that single hand?

Please advise, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game does not have an official solo player mode (was stated on the kickstarter). Their might be some scenarios that set the rules for solo play but other than that you're on your own until someone develops a variant that contains a more robust set of rules + AI for solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
The Titan expansion campaign is written for solo or multi player games. So there has been significant thought behind solo games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to explore this myself but unfortunately the only shipping wave I’ve received is wave 2 so I have yet to receive my core game. I am curious how a solo variant would be developed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:
The Titan expansion campaign is written for solo or multi player games. So there has been significant thought behind solo games.

Indeed. However, it has been emphasized time and time again that the game was not designed for solo play. It is primarily a skirmish type of game.

Some campaigns/scenarios have been written for solo play but other than that, not much else, at least officially. The devs said there simply wasnt enough time to develop a solo mode worthy of official release since during development, much of their time was focused on developing the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Simply put, the game wasnt built for solo play even if some scenarios allow it. So officially, no soloplay rules beyond the scenarios exist or are in development but that doesnt stop anyone from making a good variant in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Pathfinder
Australia
flag msg tools
Lone_Pathfinder wrote:
Hi all, I would like to ask this question as an example. I do not have all the expansions, but I do have Core, Hera, Pandora and Titans. So maybe I am missing something vital?

I want to play the Titans alone. In the first game with 1-2 players, being played alone, 2 gods are chosen - Zeus and Athena, add to that the heroes, monsters and troops (Spartans or Centaurs- page 3 says Spartans, page 4 places Centaurs).

So are there two decks as if it were a 2 player game or 1 deck with all activation cards and AoW cards merged, for the single player?
So does the single player now draw 3 cards from each of the two decks and adds 2 x 3 more AoW cards (one set to each hand) and he plays with 2 hands, or he draws 3 cards from the single deck and adds 1 x 3 AoW cards to that single hand?

Please advise, thanks.

I have decided to play as follows (following feedback from others):
A) 1 deck with all activation cards and AoW cards merged.
B) Draw 3 cards from the single deck
C) Add 1 x 3 AoW cards to that single hand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Miller
msg tools
mbmbmb
I say this without every playing Kingdom Death Monsters before... and this is more of a "thinking out loud" post than anything... I haven't received my game yet but is there some way that you could have Player 2 be set up in a way that you play the cards in an automatic way? I don't know how much strategy you HAVE to use during the game, but with KDM or even the Dark Souls game you shuffle the deck and then play whatever the top card is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
There is a lot of strategy in this game so you couldn't just program the activation cards like in Kingdom Death Monster, the decks are designed very differently in each game.

A basic thought to how it might work:

Instead of a hand of cards, you'd draw from the top of the solo side's deck, flip the first card, activate that unit for Phase B, then flip second card, activate that unit for Phase C for free (to help make the solo side more challenging). If an Art of War card comes up, set it aside and use it to activate a unit's Power at the first opportunity.

Deciding what to do (or how to decide that) for the solitaire side is the hard part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The compendium has a solo campaign. Unfortunately I haven’t received my compendium yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hyoga Lionheart
msg tools
Hi to everyone!!

Glad to have found this page, when I happen to have my game (sadly there's a lot of time left) I will try, it seems like it what Lone Pathfinder said and Fen Yan said could work, or at least be an excellent base. Thanks guys!

I really feel there's a not so hard way to play and enjoy a lot the game, specially with campaigns, where you have an objective. And also feel the main problem with doing it is people closes their minds saying is impossible or very hard to simulate the way a person woould do it... well of course is difficult! but that is why a solo mode is called in a different way! is not meant to be exactly the same as the regular mode, is another game mode, and it can be equally or even more enjoyable, but ALWAYS, ALWAYS be different to a game against a person.

Also I only see enriching gain from having more game modes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas-Joseph Carrieri
msg tools
New people come to gaming every day and your aggressiveness assumptiveness “it has been emphasised time and time again” is unnessesary and puts new people off asking questions. Chill out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.