United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
There are no strings on me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

For those who already have the game -- are there any serious color-blindness issues? From the photographs it looks like the red and orange cubes might be difficult to distinguish. The other colors all seem very clear.

This isn't a make-or-break, but I want to know if I'm gonna have to set aside time for repainting before I'm able to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not colour blind. Yellow looks a lot lighter than orange to me.

The cubes might present a bigger problem than the cards with their shades of pink, red, orange.

If you haven't got an answer I can check with a friend who usually plays on Thursdays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember the different printings had different coloured nectar - possibly for this reason. Worth a forum search to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm not colour-blind either, but under some lights pink and purple are quite close in my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
I seem to remember the different printings had different coloured nectar - possibly for this reason. Worth a forum search to check.

Yer tiz: I really didn't like the grey cubes from 2E so I made a few changes (PICS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I swapped out one colour of cubes as they were too close to another (and I am not colour blind)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
GoblinGrrl wrote:
For those who already have the game -- are there any serious color-blindness issues?

Only if you can't see UV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not color blind, but there was one time we took the game into a bar with poor lighting and it was impossible to tell the red, orange, and purple apart. I would assume that the problem would be worse for those with color blindness, but I can only guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadence Alvarez-Cooper
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
There are no strings on me.
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth -- as a data point to anyone finding this thread:

I had no trouble distinguishing the blue and purple in the game because the purple is much, much darker. The orange and yellow are similar; I can distinguish the colors when they're side-by-side because the red is slightly darker, but from a distance, not so much.

It's going to be fairly simple to fix, though -- I'm going to repaint the orange to a light tan, as per usual. Visually it should be clear enough what's meant, and since the nectar cubes are never drawn out of a bag or anything the slight difference in feel shouldn't matter. I'll be able to play without difficulty then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.