5 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: activating a system with already-used leader, and rerolling dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Castellanos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. My understanding is that if I assign a leader to a mission to planet X, that I can then later "re-use" that already-present leader to activate the same planetary system for the purpose of moving in units. Is this correct? Or do I have to send in another leader just for the purpose of activating the system to move in units?

2. The way that tactics cards and dice rolls work is a little unclear to me. Say I roll 3 dice. One is blank, one is a direct hit (which I assign as damage to an enemy unit), and one is sabers. I use sabers to draw a tactics card. The tactics card allows me to reroll two dice. Now, can I reroll any two dice? I feel like the direct hit has already been "used" and the saber dice was already "used" to "buy" the tactics card. So I can only roll the blank dice again? Or can I reroll the direct hit dice again, and the first direct hit still counts or the new roll replaces the direct hit? Can I reroll a saber after it has been traded in for a card?

3. I can keep rolling and collecting cards in a chain? I roll three dice. One is a saber. I draw a tactic card. The tactic card lets me reroll dice. I roll another saber. I draw another tactic card. I get to reroll again. Ad infintum. Ad naseum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZippyDan wrote:
1. My understanding is that if I assign a leader to a mission to planet X, that I can then later "re-use" that already-present leader to activate the same planetary system for the purpose of moving in units. Is this correct? Or do I have to send in another leader just for the purpose of activating the system to move in units?

Your understanding is completely incorrect.

On each of your turns in the Command Phase, you either reveal a Mission card that you assigned leaders to in the Assignment Phase, or activate a system with a leader from your pool. There is no way to reuse a leader as you are describing.

Quote:
2. The way that tactics cards and dice rolls work is a little unclear to me. Say I roll 3 dice. One is blank, one is a direct hit (which I assign as damage to an enemy unit), and one is sabers. I use sabers to draw a tactics card. The tactics card allows me to reroll two dice. Now, can I reroll any two dice? I feel like the direct hit has already been "used" and the saber dice was already "used" to "buy" the tactics card. So I can only roll the blank dice again? Or can I reroll the direct hit dice again, and the first direct hit still counts or the new roll replaces the direct hit? Can I reroll a saber after it has been traded in for a card?

You can't reroll dice that have already been spent. They are removed from the pool when they are spent.

Quote:
3. I can keep rolling and collecting cards in a chain? I roll three dice. One is a saber. I draw a tactic card. The tactic card lets me reroll dice. I roll another saber. I draw another tactic card. I get to reroll again. Ad infintum. Ad naseum?

It doesn't work due to what I mention above. Even if it did work, the deck has cards that aren't the reroll effect, so you would be getting other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy B
United Kingdom
Mold
Clwyd
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaten to it!!!!

I’ll do my best to help

1. You cannot reuse a leader, once placed (via a mission, movement or opposing your opponent) that’s it. If you want to move units, you must place a new leader

2. Using a saber to draw a tactics card effectively spends it, so no it cannot be rerolled. When rerolling, any previous face showing is discounted and the new result is used. In other words, no, you don’t keep the original hit!

3. Yes, if you roll sabres, you can keep pulling tactics cards....but there aren’t many reroll cards though.....so it won’t happen as often as you state
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Castellanos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear then: using a saber dice to "buy"/draw new cards, or using a saber dice to play a tactic card that requires a saber dice both count as "spending" that dice, and those spent dice cannot be later rerolled regardless of tactics cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
ZippyDan wrote:
Just to be clear then: using a saber dice to "buy"/draw new cards, or using a saber dice to play a tactic card that requires a saber dice both count as "spending" that dice, and those spent dice cannot be later rerolled regardless of tactics cards?

yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.