Hide
2 Posts

RONE (First edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destroying cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Byrtus
msg tools
When I have for example active technology that can destroy card and opponent has zero cards in hand can I use it to destroy drawn card before he plays it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That is a bit tricky, but generally I can say "Yes" but there are few options where you can't do it this way. You need to follow Stack rule.

1.) Drawn card is a slow effect (in this case "Unit")
- he can't react to play Unit card as a reaction so the drawn unit card is destroyed.

2.) Drawn card is a fast effect (in this case "Tactic")
- once you put your effect into the "Stack" your opponent can react and use his Tactic and play it if he has enough resources. And once the Tactic's effect is executed your effect has to be executed but there are no cards in opponent's hand left so nothing is destroyed.

In this case, you force him at least to use the card.

These are two basic situations that can occur, but there might be more situations, you just need to follow all the time the Stack rule and you will resolve everything in correct order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.