Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Picur
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Scott Tepper, who replied to my inquiry, Rio Grande Games tentatively hopes to reprint Trans Europa in the First Quarter, 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
This is great news. I am ready for a different board after so many games of TransAmerica. (But I am not willing to pay the high prices in the US.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on this? Is the reprint still due this quarter or has it been pushed back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Amazon says it will be in stock on July 6.
Miniature Market also has it for pre-order and shows new box art (it's a definite downgrade).
The Rio Grande website has the same new box art. It also says, "This new version adds ferries as the proper way to cross large bodies of water." You can also download the rules on their site, but it is the old rule book (there is no mention of ferries). I would like to know if ferries are going to mean more than a cosmetic change to the game.

I haven't seen any photos of the components yet. The game would benefit from an artistic design upgrade, but if it is changed to something that resembles the box art, then that will be very disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jthysell wrote:
Miniature Market also has it for pre-order and shows new box art (it's a definite downgrade).

OUCH

That looks like something done in a few minutes with stock clipart. Seriously? I can't believe that's the final art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lbleicher wrote:
That looks like something done in a few minutes with stock clipart. Seriously? I can't believe that's the final art.

Was that cover announced on April 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catherine Wiener
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Super thrilled to get this game finally, however I WILL be getting a copy of the original cover and taping that over this monstrosity. Yikes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools

The Ravensburger reprint looks perfectly fine, fwiw.

Looks like it will be out in October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I wasn't aware that there was going to be a Ravensburger reprint. That art is easily superior.
Am I the only one that thinks that box makes it look like it comes with Transamerica too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hankins
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So there are two versions coming out but one has obviously superior art and comes with Trans America as well? Weird :/

I found this description of the bad art version: "The 2018 edition of Trans Europa includes a slightly different map of Europe, with the colored cities rotated so that all of the yellow cities are in the UK and Scandinavia. What's more, these cities are separated from others by double-squiggly lines that represent spaces where a ferry can go. In this edition each player has three colored rails, and on a ferry route up to two rails can be placed, whether both colored rails or one being colored and the other a normal black rail line that any player can use. A player can lay only one colored rail per turn, and they can claim both possible rail lines in a ferry space. A ferry space is not complete unless it contains two rail lines." https://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/trans-europa-2935-p.asp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyfilmfest wrote:

The Ravensburger reprint looks perfectly fine, fwiw.

Looks like it will be out in October.

Anyone know where/when we can get the Ravensburger edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.