Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurie Taylor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hello,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When you face the gear puzzle in the guardhouse, the green and blue wheels are not in a one-to-one connection with the system. One quarter of a turn of such a wheel induces much more than a quarter of a turn of the arrow...

I feel that the solution suggests that they move with equal motion.

Am I wrong here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
Oh! I thought you were going to point out
a portable convector of the type shown on Item 20 does not work on agents who are wet, much less underwater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
lbeaudou wrote:
Hello,

When you face the gear puzzle in the guardhouse, the green and blue wheels are not in a one-to-one connection with the system. One quarter of a turn of such a wheel induces much more than a quarter of a turn of the arrow...

I feel that the solution suggests that they move with equal motion.

Am I wrong here?

Should be equal motion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurie Taylor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
ZdadrDeM wrote:

Should be equal motion.

Yes but the rotating parts don't have the same size... Like on a bicycle, you don't turn your legs as many times as your wheels... This feels odd to me. Am I the only one frustrated by this puzzle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text of the guardroom card states that one turn of each lever corresponds to one turn of the central gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Stone
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It may say that, but that is not how the mechanics work. Of course you could just suspend your disbelief and assume that gear ratios don't matter in Algueria, but I still think it is bad design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
This confused me too.

I really liked this kind of puzzle, but not that this wasn't taken into account. With the three given solutions you could still figure it out, but I would have liked it to be more realistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.