Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Miscellaneous Game Accessory» Forums » General

Subject: Tape to hold cards and tiles together - not the usual rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

It's early 2018, but I think this may be the oddest genuinely useful suggestion all year:


Ear stretching tape is a cheap, effective alternative to Hugo's. Rolls of 15mm (5/8") tape are typically 15 metres long and cost $4-$5. The tape is PVC or teflon and it sticks to itself but nothing else. It is excellent for securing decks of cards and small tiles. It is not strong enough to hold a box closed.

I found many online vendors, typically shops that sell ear-rings or tattoo supplies. Various colours are available, although black seems to be universal.



What is Ear Stretching Tape, you wonder?

Folks with ear piercings (and other piercings) sometimes like to slowly stretch the hole over many weeks or months, so they can wear larger rings or other jewelry. Usually this is done with rings or plugs of graduated size. Stretching tape is used to wrap the plug, slightly increasing its diameter, as an intermediate step between plugs. Obviously, adhesive tape would be a very bad idea.


7 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozludo wrote:
What is Ear Stretching Tape, you wonder?

Folks with ear piercings (and other piercings) sometimes like to slowly stretch the hole over many weeks or months, so they can wear larger rings or other jewelry. Usually this is done with rings or plugs of graduated size. Stretching tape is used to wrap the plug, slightly increasing its diameter, as an intermediate step between plugs. Obviously, adhesive tape would be a very bad idea.


As a fun bonus, your Amazon recommendations and/or Google ads will take a very interesting turn!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really great suggestion. Does it leave any residue?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric G
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased some of this silicone tape:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3M-Blue-Soft-Pipe-Fusing-Res...

mostly to have around the house if I need it. It it the same style of "it only sticks to itself" tape. I have not tried it on any games yet so I don't know how well it holds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
Ozludo wrote:
What is Ear Stretching Tape, you wonder?

Folks with ear piercings (and other piercings) sometimes like to slowly stretch the hole over many weeks or months, so they can wear larger rings or other jewelry. Usually this is done with rings or plugs of graduated size. Stretching tape is used to wrap the plug, slightly increasing its diameter, as an intermediate step between plugs. Obviously, adhesive tape would be a very bad idea.


As a fun bonus, your Amazon recommendations and/or Google ads will take a very interesting turn!


Yeah, but I've been using 50mm (2") wide bondage tape for the same purpose, so my "People also purchased" list is already pretty interesting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
redstarnyc wrote:
This is a really great suggestion. Does it leave any residue?

Completely residue free, and washable.

The same tape is sold in adult shops as bondage tape, but the rolls are 50mm wide. If you decide to visit your FLAS*, don't tell them you need bondage tape for your games. The staff look at you like you're a weirdo, despite not even blinking at s basket with five rolls off the stuff.


* Friendy local Adult Shop
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric G
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But those board games have been bad, really bad. They need to be tapped down and punished.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf9545 wrote:
But those board games have been bad, really bad. They need to be tapped down and punished.

Why do you think I chose that teddybear for the photo? ninja
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.