Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
http://cpc.cx/jEa Made in Savoie
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I tried Automa yesterday (in Autometta, and thankfully >I won< ^^).

I faced 3 issues. One i already found the answer here (regarding the factory/encounter movement) but 2 remain:

1- During setup, I did not find any information regarding the Automa hero: das it start in the homebase or on the faction board? I assumed the homebase but I did not fing the info in the setup section of the automa rulebook.

2- Early worker movement: I drew the Crimean board for Automa. In the first round(s) did I got it right that the move worker movement just takes the worker on the farm hex and places it back there? This happens as long as there is not a 3rd worker on the board?

I also got some uncertainty regarding the human Mechs and Heroes movement:

3- Can I create a mech on an hex where there is already a worker AND a mech?

4- Can I move another Mech as part of a mech movement? (If I read the rules, I think not, but I don't understand then how can I attack with multiple mechs?

5- Can I move Mech and/or workers as part of a hero movement?

6- Last but not least, since the Automa does not have a factory board, who plays first?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorrig von Knorrig
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To 1.: Yes, on the home base. Where else?
2.: I think you're right. I always played it like that and was happy when the Automa drew this one.
3.: I found no rule that forbids this. It should be allowed.
4.: No. You can attack with multiple mechs with the normal move action. It allows to move two pieces for one field (or even three with the upgrade). Thus, you can attack with two or three mechs by moving them all to the same hex. With the +1 movement upgrade this is not as difficult as it seems.
5.: Is there a distinction? The movement action always refers to one piece on the map: The hero, a mech or a worker. The only special rule is that a mech can carry an unlimited number of workers and pick them up or drop them wherever during that movement.
6.: You always go first. I think this is stated in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naity wrote:
1- During setup, I did not find any information regarding the Automa hero: das it start in the homebase or on the faction board? I assumed the homebase but I did not fing the info in the setup section of the automa rulebook.

When a rule is not specifically overridden in the Automa rulebook it's still in effect and therefore the Automa's Character starts on its base.

Naity wrote:
2- Early worker movement: I drew the Crimean board for Automa. In the first round(s) did I got it right that the move worker movement just takes the worker on the farm hex and places it back there? This happens as long as there is not a 3rd worker on the board?

Yes, almost . It can also move to another territory if the Character does a few moves.

Naity wrote:
I also got some uncertainty regarding the human Mechs and Heroes movement:

3- Can I create a mech on an hex where there is already a worker AND a mech?

Yes, the human player has no restriction on how many mechs it can have on one territory.

Naity wrote:
4- Can I move another Mech as part of a mech movement? (If I read the rules, I think not, but I don't understand then how can I attack with multiple mechs?

[q="Naity"]5- Can I move Mech and/or workers as part of a hero movement?

I think you might be misunderstanding the move action: There's no specific move mech action and no specific move character action for human players. There's a general move action that allows you to move 2 (3) units no matter what type. (See the second paragraph in the "Move" section on page 11 of the core rulebook.)

Naity wrote:
6- Last but not least, since the Automa does not have a factory board, who plays first?

You always go first. (See the first sentence on page 3 of the Automa rulebook.)

Naity wrote:
Thanks

Happy to help. Hope the above clears things up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you!

I will reread the rulebook page 11 then ^^.

I am still a bit confused by the move action. I think my confusion comes from "a mech can move any number of workers" which implied for me "other figs can only move themselves".

It is still not clear but i will check the rules again after work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naity wrote:
I am still a bit confused by the move action. I think my confusion comes from "a mech can move any number of workers" which implied for me "other figs can only move themselves"

Yup, mechs can take workers along with them when moving. This only counts as moving 1 unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK so if I want to move my hero and a mech from the same tile to an adjacent one I need to use 2 "move unit" action, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naity wrote:
OK so if I want to move my hero and a mech from the same tile to an adjacent one I need to use 2 "move unit" action, correct?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lines, all clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
Naity wrote:

Correct.

Just to make sure that we're talking about the same thing: You take one move action to move the 2 units (and if you've upgraded you can move one more unit as a part of that move action).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.