John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to ask whether Alternation spell can still be played on Holy Knight and Elephant Rider with 2 or fewer wounds token? Although Impenetrable and Unbreakable 2 stated that it cannot be affected by spells, it did not say that I am prevent to attach Alteration Spell on these units?

For example, my opponent played Holy Knight with Amplify. Can I still play Regress merely to remove Amplify from Holy Knight although it may not reduce her Attack Value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Holy Knight the answer is simple - it cannot be affected by spells, abilities or dice powers used by an opponent - alterations are spells that affect the target unit.

With Elephant Rider it is less simple - that cannot be affected by spells, abilities or dice powers that would place exhaustion tokens on it, destroy it, or returned to it’s owners hand, whilst it has 2 or fewer wound tokens on it - so, if it is at full health, or has increased Life and 2 or fewer wounds, then it could be Regressed. But if it has it’s normal Life and 1 wound, then it could not be regressed, because that would destroy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
With Elephant Rider it is less simple - that cannot be affected by spells, abilities or dice powers that would place exhaustion tokens on it, destroy it, or returned to it’s owners hand, whilst it has 2 or fewer wound tokens on it - so, if it is at full health, or has increased Life and 2 or fewer wounds, then it could be Regressed. But if it has it’s normal Life and 1 wound, then it could not be regressed, because that would destroy it!

Regress doesn't affect the life value of a card, so an Elephant can always be Regress-ed regardless of the number of wounds on it.

Some better examples:

* An Elephant Rider with 2 or fewer wounds cannot have Fade Away attached to it, because Fade Away would destroy the Elephant (even though that destruction is on a delay)
* An Elephant Rider can always have Deep Freeze attached to it, because although Deep Freeze exhausts the Elephant it doesn't place any exhaustion tokens (which are explicitly what Elephant Rider's Unbreakable ability references)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad. I was thinking Regress reduce Life, not Attack.

:facepalm:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.