The Lost Expedition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Head to head incomprehensible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Orlock Elojo
Spain
flag msg tools
Hello everyone.

I read the part of the head to head manual 3, 4 times!

I have tried to watch videos where they talk about the subject or with demonstrations!

In the forums to clarify doubts!

Result, I'm still more confused...

That is why I ask the creators for the creation and clarification on this section please. if it can be with examples by turns better.

Thanks for your attention, regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Happy to help. What's unclear to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlock Elojo
Spain
flag msg tools
Well, above all, i understand that each row (north and south) can have a different number of cards, what makes me dizzy is if every round morning/afternoon only 3 cards are played per player in every row (0-6, 1-5, 2-4, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1 or 6-0)and after this the morning ends (reorganizing) or the afternoon as they are. after this six cards played ends the steps or follow the route as in the image forming a path 12 Total cards???

resume:
-6 cards are played (3 per player) in different path or not, decision of path first player, we make the path by resolving and discarding cards, ends morning (reorganizing) and we pay for food.
after in afternoon play another 3 cards per player in different path or not, other player make decision of path in the same way (no reorganizing), we make the path by resolving and discarding cards and we pay for food. changing first player to next day.

or

-6 cards are played (3 per player) in different path or not, decision of path first player, we choose the path by resolving but not discarding cards, ends morning (reorganizing) and we pay for food.
in the afternoon played 3 more cards per player in path to your choice already started, and then players follow the path they choose in the morning resolving next cards and discarding cards. we pay for food. changing first player to next day.

...uffwow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
The top one. There was a mistake in the first printing of the game where an image showed more cards than could be played, but the rules themselves are correct. It's my fault, sorry about that! Only six cards will be on the table each morning and evening, and you'll probably only encounter 3 or 4 of them. The paths are shorter, but you start with less health, and the other player is probably trying to kill you.

Other than the number of cards, you've missed one small but important rule:
The first player does not definitely pick which row to take in the morning. The first player decides who gets to pick. This is important, as if you think you will be making the choice, you'll try to make one row good and the other bad. If you think you will not get to choose, you'll try to make them equal.

I like your use of North & South, so I'll use that for this breakdown:

Morning:
Everyone has a hand of six cards.
The first player plays one card to either North or South.
The other then does the same, and so on until six cards total (three each) are played.
They are rearranged in number order in the two rows.
The first player decides which player gets to pick North or South - they can let the other player pick at this point if they wish.
Do your hikes, removing the cards at the end like you normally would, then lose a food each.

Evening:
Everyone has three cards left in hand.
The first player plays one card to either North or South.
The other then does the same, and so on until six cards total (three each) are played.
They are not rearranged.
Whichever player did not pick in the morning picks now.
Do your hikes, lose a food.
Deal a new hand of six cards to each player.
Pass the first player token over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlock Elojo
Spain
flag msg tools
wonderful laugh
I already had that rule in mind "The first player decides who gets to pick"
that's why I put " decision of path first player ".
I only doubted if the path followed in the afternoon with the consequences of having chosen it in the morning, although I do not dislike the idea either, I'll try both
thank you very much, have a happy new yearmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
helene fournier
Canada
Granby
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If anybody put a card in one row??? Only one player get a path???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
fourmie wrote:
If anybody put a card in one row??? Only one player get a path???

Correct. But in that instance the path would likely be full of very good and very bad cards, so maybe staying still is a better option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.