Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

I have been looking at this game as a potential purchase. I have watched Kev's videos on it which have piqued my interest but wondered if any other grogs have played it and what they thought of it.

I am particularly interested in the mechanics and then the balance and suitability for two players. Realistically, I am only going to get this on the table with my regular ftf opponent. We play OCS fairly regularly to give you an idea of our tolerance levels.

Any help/feedback appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also on the fence with this. My concern is I do not really care for the way armor is handled in the VITW system with the 1 strength armor units. I know this is different but am wondering how different in practice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

Can you explain a bit further about the 1 strength armour. I haven't played VitW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much difference... the smaller armor units are mainly for combat shifts as they are too weak to stand on their own. However, some units like those of the panzer divisions have their armor intrinsically portrayed and automatically get a shift. Soviet tank corps need to stack with other units to balance out their tank-heavy formations...

Most of Fall Blau favors the game side versus simulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.