Hide
12 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: SPOILER question about income (Rule 24) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Moose
msg tools
(SP) We have just completed game 4... Could anyone clarify for me the following rules question? When you FIRST go to an income building, do you get the benefit immediately as well as every time it triggers – or do you ONLY receive the benefit each time in future that “income” is activated (e.g. on the progress track)

Thanks!

Ps. Brilliant game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
ProfMoose wrote:
(SP) We have just completed game 4... Could anyone clarify for me the following rules question? When you FIRST go to an income building, do you get the benefit immediately as well as every time it triggers – or do you ONLY receive the benefit each time in future that “income” is activated (e.g. on the progress track)

Thanks!

Ps. Brilliant game!

When income is triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David is right. The benefit of visiting the building is putting your influence token on it, in preparation for getting income later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kaut
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording on the german Income rule card may be a bit unclear, but do you receive Income for every Influence marker on the building or only for the single one you are allowed to place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sartavos wrote:
The wording on the german Income rule card may be a bit unclear, but do you receive Income for every Influence marker on the building or only for the single one you are allowed to place?

You get it once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kaut
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player can place at most one influence token on any one income building, and when income happens, each player who placed his or her influence token on a particular building gains the income from that building once. Each player can have multiple influence tokens on multiple income buildings at once, as long as there are multiple income buildings in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please help me make sure I'm understanding this right.

All 6 players could have an influence marker on the same building at the same time? (in spite of the little outline that clearly only holds one influence.)

The only income building I've unlocked is one that looks like it rewards a minion. It has a little pink meeple in the income arrows -- Does that mean that during the income phase, everyone who has an influence on that buildings will gain one minion from all the minions available in the supply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedyox wrote:
Please help me make sure I'm understanding this right.

All 6 players could have an influence marker on the same building at the same time? (in spite of the little outline that clearly only holds one influence.)

The only income building I've unlocked is one that looks like it rewards a minion. It has a little pink meeple in the income arrows -- Does that mean that during the income phase, everyone who has an influence on that buildings will gain one minion from all the minions available in the supply?

Yes, and yes. First choice goes to the player whose turn it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedyox wrote:
(in spite of the little outline that clearly only holds one influence.)

The little outline clearly only holds one influence in the same way the zero victory point spot clearly only holds one victory point token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Speedyox wrote:

The little outline clearly only holds one influence in the same way the zero victory point spot clearly only holds one victory point token.

Fair enough, but a stack of 6 VP tokens would make a sturdy little pile. A stack of 6 influence markers would be a leaning tower of greengully at best. Can I assume that most players don't actually stack their influence more than 2 high on buildings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedyox wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:
Speedyox wrote:

Fair enough, but a stack of 6 VP tokens would make a sturdy little pile. A stack of 6 influence markers would be a leaning tower of greengully at best. Can I assume that most players don't actually stack their influence more than 2 high on buildings?

Most players don't put their tokens on the icons that show what the buildings do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.