Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While reading the rules, a couple of design questions came to mind...

1- In a multiplayer game, why not tilt the space boards as in an automa game, so there would always be horizontal lines? In other words, why creating a special rule in the automa rulebook when it could be so simple to build the space board the same way for all games?

2- Against the automa, why not give it right from the start the VPs indicated on the 6 round scoring tiles? AFAIK, nothing can change their value or order and it would be less fiddly like that, no? No chance to forget to add VPs when automa passes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
1- In a multiplayer game, why not tilt the space boards as in an automa game
I don't understand the meaning of "tilt the space boards".

fardoche wrote:
2- Against the automa, why not give it right from the start the VPs indicated on the 6 round scoring tiles? AFAIK, nothing can change their value or order and it would be less fiddly like that, no? No chance to forget to add VPs when automa passes.
Sure, you can do that if you like. The way the automa designers did it gives you a better simulation, i.e. that you are playing the game against another player, who collects points over time: "In order to beat the automa, I better collect X points from the next round scoring(s), or I'll fall behind."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was refering to the second bullet of the setup in the solo rulebook. They say to rotate the tiles in order to form horizontal lines, so it’s easier to distinguish directions for the automa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Multiplayer People sit on different sides anyway, so no matter how you tilt it it will show different for others.
This way it is only needed while playing with an Automa, so they didn’t include that rule in normal play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
I was refering to the second bullet of the setup in the solo rulebook. They say to rotate the tiles in order to form horizontal lines, so it’s easier to distinguish directions for the automa.

This is only done so that the Automa player can use the directional indicators on the support cards. Human players don't need everything to line up to help decide where to build thing, but feel free to turn the map whatever direction you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
During play testing I suggested adding all of the round vp and giving it to the Automa at the start, but too many testers found it psychologically daunting as it gives the Automa a huge lead at the start. However, when I play I do give them all of the vp since I’m ok with them having the large lead. If you want to give them all of the round vp at the start, feel free to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.