Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
Spoiler (click to reveal)

After Middle East recon, we got Hollow Men Gather cards for Infection deck. Now I will tell how we resolve those cards and please tell me if we did it right.

We need to draw two infection cards. It is after Epidemic, so Hollow Men cards are in the deck. We draw one card - city, so we infect the city. We drwa second card - it is Gather card. Now we draw Infection cards until we get a city card (ignoring any Mobilization cards). We get a city card, so we put a Hollow Man there. Now we draw another Infection card, because Gather card is not counting against Infection limit. If this is a city card we infect the city and stop drwaing. If this is Gather, we again search for city card, and then draw another for Infection.

I hope that this was clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The city you drew for the Hollow Man card is the second city for the infection phase. Or at least, that's how we played it. It's only the Hollow Men Gather card itself that doesn't count, the subsequent city card does.

HMG effectively replaces 'remove a supply or place a cube' with 'place a Hollow Man figure' for the next city drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit_GGK wrote:
Hello.

After Middle East recon, we got Hollow Men Gather cards for Infection deck. Now I will tell how we resolve those cards and please tell me if we did it right.

We need to draw two infection cards. It is after Epidemic, so Hollow Men cards are in the deck. We draw one card - city, so we infect the city. We drwa second card - it is Gather card. Now we draw Infection cards until we get a city card (ignoring any Mobilization cards). We get a city card, so we put a Hollow Man there. Now we draw another Infection card, because Gather card is not counting against Infection limit. If this is a city card we infect the city and stop drwaing. If this is Gather, we again search for city card, and then draw another for Infection.

I hope that this was clear

You played incorrectly. The "Hollow Men Gather" card doesn't count against the Infection Limit, but the City card that you drew after it does (even though you put a figure in it, not an infection cube). So, you should have stopped after the city that you put a Hollow Men figure in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. So it seems, that we have played over half of the game and finished it on Hard Mode

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with onigame's and thespaceinvader's interpretation. I do agree though that it wasn't completely clear and the wording was a little confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.