Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Question about expansions and "second" automa deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Riku Parkkonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I have the base game and I'm thinking about getting a new automa deck so I can play against 2 automa opponents. I might also get some expansions later. According to the website, "Invaders from Afar" adds 6 new automa cards.

So if the 6 cards from the expansion are added to the automa deck, wouldn't the "second" automa deck then have too few cards? Would this cause a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poppis wrote:
I have the base game and I'm thinking about getting a new automa deck so I can play against 2 automa opponents. I might also get some expansions later. According to the website, "Invaders from Afar" adds 6 new automa cards.

So if the 6 cards from the expansion are added to the automa deck, wouldn't the "second" automa deck then have too few cards? Would this cause a problem?

It's not an extra card, they replace them with new symbols for the new factions. If it's an official automa deck, it'll likely include the new version of the cards.

If you have an iPad, you could also try Scythekick which can as many automa as you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Poppis wrote:

It's not an extra card, they replace them with new symbols for the new factions. If it's an official automa deck, it'll likely include the new version of the cards.

If you have an iPad, you could also try Scythekick which can as many automa as you like.

Yup, they're replacements and we haven't printed the old versions for a while now so all extra decks will have the Invaders from Afar cards instead of the old ones.

The Wind Gambit expansion doesn't add any new cards and so works with any number of Automa decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan West
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the base game (recent gift) and my automa deck references the new factions ...

Q: does the automa use its airship if you have Wind Gambit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sauinders
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes the automata uses it's airship if you have wind gambit.

There should be cards included in your wind gambit set that deal with automata airship movement for the various red (aggressive) airship abilities.
(i.e. when blitzkrieg is selected do this with the automata airship)

There should also be a booklet in the wind gambit box that details updated rules for the automata for the wind gambit expansion.

The automata does not take advantage of the passive airship abilities
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Parkkonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, great. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My second automa deck was bought after IFA came out and had the new cards already in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan9461 wrote:
I only have the base game (recent gift) and my automa deck references the new factions ...

That is correct. You should just ignore the Albion and Togawa triggered actions like you would ignore actions triggered by any other faction not in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play with 2 automa using the base game. I just take the automa deck, shuffle it, and break it into 2 piles, 1 for each automa and it actually works fine. When cards are low, reshuffle both decks and redistribute.

If you don't like that idea, download the Scythekick app to play with multiple automa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.