Lords of Hellas» Forums » Rules

Subject: Harpe and Caduceus + Helena and Recruit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exeter Accana
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
1. Helena special ability and Recruit action. Can I recruit in my Region when opponent has Helena on in?

2. Artifact Harpe and Artifact Caduceus. One player have Harpe and another have Caduceus. They fight. What is the order to use this artifacts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Helena blocks movement. Recruit isn't movement.

2) When in doubt the player who's turn it is decides. But basically there should not be an issue. Let's say the player who has Harpe doesn't have cards. Obviously the player with Cauduceus will not use it until the other has drawn a card with Harpe. Both trigger before battle, but that leaves the players with a window to react to each other. In effect the two artifacts cancel each other out, but it is the Harpe player who has to get the ball rolling.
the alternative would be a situation where the player with Harpe says "You have to use your artifact to force me to discard cards when I don't have any." That seems silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Pelikán
Czech Republic
Pilsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does movement mean only actions movement and march and monument movement via pray? Or withdrawing after battle or reinforcement card too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pelly wrote:
Does movement mean only actions movement and march and monument movement via pray? Or withdrawing after battle or reinforcement card too?

Reinforcement card allows to MOVE Hoplites from a neighbouring Region, so I believe it's blocked by Helen's ability.

It was explained in another topic that withdrawing from a battle or usurped Region is not blocked by Helen nor by Medusa's passive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.