Subject: Not enough "Art of War" cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nimrod Breger
Germany
Dusseldorf
flag msg tools
Hey all,

I played my first game last weekend and during the last phase of the setup I did not have enough AoW cards to hand each player 3 of them and build their hand.

During setup it says that to build your deck you collect all the cards of your units, add the same amount of AoW cards according to the RP you used and for any RP left you will get one Omphales (whatever they are called) card.

After that, each one draws 3 cards from their deck and get an additional 3 AoW cards to their hand, and thats where the problem happened, I just didnt have enough AoW cards left.

We were 4 players that used 14 RP each.

Is it supposed to be like that? I mean there can be a situation (especially if you create house rules and use big amounts of RP) that you wont have enough, but we have followed the rules according to the skirmish scenario.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mogron272 wrote:
add the same amount of AoW cards according to the RP you used

That part isn't correct. You add the amount of AoW cards according to the the "strategic value" which is number of AoW symbols to the right of the Talents section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herschel Krustofski

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Mogron272 wrote:
add the same amount of AoW cards according to the RP you used

That part isn't correct. You add the amount of AoW cards according to the the "strategic value" which is number of AoW symbols to the right of the Talents section.

Total strategic value of all units + 3 starting AoW cards for each player (pg 9).

But basically, yes.

It's why I got 2 extension packs for the extra AoW and Omphalos cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy... you must have had LOADS of Art of War cards in your hands!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blottie
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't need more Art of War cards, ever, unless you're running two games concurrently. We played a four player game with several Art of War heavy characters, and we still had a stack left over.

As it was already mentioned, count up the total A symbols in the right corner next to the name of the character, and that is what you add to your deck, not the RP value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered 2 Extension Kits just to be sure I had enough AoW cards. Both of those are still shrink wrapped as I have never come close to using all the AoW cards that come with the Core Game (even in a 4 player game with Sysiphus!).

But as Brian Blottie mentioned, if I do concurrent games they may be needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blottieb wrote:
You shouldn't need more Art of War cards, ever, unless you're running two games concurrently. We played a four player game with several Art of War heavy characters, and we still had a stack left over.

As it was already mentioned, count up the total A symbols in the right corner next to the name of the character, and that is what you add to your deck, not the RP value.

Its actually the greec letter L

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lambda...

I have a huge stack of AoW cards as well.... but I might've opened up both the English and French language card packs in the base game, so if you haven't, see if there are more in the French cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhchan wrote:
lambda...

I have a huge stack of AoW cards as well.... but I might've opened up both the English and French language card packs in the base game, so if you haven't, see if there are more in the French cards

The french pack only contains activation cards. And the game only has one set of AoW cards which were packed separately. It would have been nice if they included two packs instead of one as the extension kit doesnt do justice to the omphalos and AoW cards due to the black borders found on the said cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mogron272 wrote:
Hey all,

I played my first game last weekend and during the last phase of the setup I did not have enough AoW cards to hand each player 3 of them and build their hand.

During setup it says that to build your deck you collect all the cards of your units, add the same amount of AoW cards according to the RP you used and for any RP left you will get one Omphales (whatever they are called) card.

After that, each one draws 3 cards from their deck and get an additional 3 AoW cards to their hand, and thats where the problem happened, I just didnt have enough AoW cards left.

We were 4 players that used 14 RP each.

Is it supposed to be like that? I mean there can be a situation (especially if you create house rules and use big amounts of RP) that you wont have enough, but we have followed the rules according to the skirmish scenario.

Cheers.

I love it when someone complains and it turns out they were playing the game wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.