Subject: X's on 2 & 3p side of temples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
what do the X spaces mean? i didn't see any reference to them anywhere in the rules, though maybe i missed something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption was that they were simply unavailable spaces. The rules do not explain them though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
My assumption was that they were simply unavailable spaces. The rules do not explain them though.

right, but several of them appear on the 3rd spot, and the rules clearly say you can use 3 to 5 gems, so that means you can still uncurse a temple and get rewarded with "X", whatever X is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the designer/publisher will provide us with an answer.

In the meantime I see 2 possible houserules:

1. Matt's rule:
They are simply unavailable spaces

2. Richard's rule:
They are available spaces, gaining zero points, but alowing you to place a Broken Curse Marker (for purposes of triggering End Game and counting most cubes for Temple Objective Cards).

I prefer option 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarosław Smoła
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's variant for 2/3 players. When you don't play on four player option the number of curses is decreasing. So yeah, it's option 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

right, but several of them appear on the 3rd spot, and the rules clearly say you can use 3 to 5 gems, so that means you can still uncurse a temple and get rewarded with "X", whatever X is

So, just to be super clear

the X's appear on the 2-3 player sides of the cards, in 4p you have all spots available.

Flip the cards over for 3p and you have some 3's spots marked out as [X] (presumably to prevent everyone rushing the 3's for a faster game end with less players.)

If you have 2p you additionally put a neutral character in play and drop cubes on the marked squares giving you an quasi-3rd player.

I'm making the assumption (without proof in the rules) that those spaces are simply removed from the game as valid points to place cubes when you have less than 4 players.

If we don't get a response in the thread, perhaps drop a geekmail to

Wei-Min Ling
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Min Ling
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
[Updated] This is a wrong reply, sorry.

Thanks for all of the kind reply

I am sorry, there are some mistakes on the rule. The correct rule is: In a 2 or 3-player-game, please take 5 cubes of an unchosen color and place them on each [X] space on each Temple card. Throughout the whole game, these spaces will continue to be occupied by the neutral-player, other players may not break those curses. The scoring example are as below (see P.13):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so just to be sure, in a 3p game, the X's are covered, and in a 2p game, the X's and the dots are covered, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarosław Smoła
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
in 2p game should i use cubes in 2 unchosen colors? We have only 6 cube in each color(one color for X's and another for spot occupied in 2p variant) So we play with 2 neutral players? scoring will be harder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Min Ling
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, after seeing the latest 2 reply, I finally found my last reply is wrong, please follow the correct rule here:

- In 3p game: You may NOT place your cube on each [X] space. But do NOT place any neutral player's cube to cover [X].

- In 2p game: You may NOT place your cube on each [X] space. And you MUST place a neutral player's cube on each space indicated with [‧‧](dots). Please see p.13.

Additionally, I will add a symbol clarification on p.5 in the next print: [X]→ may NOT contain any marker.

If my last reply made you misunderstanding, I am deeply sorry.
If there are any further questions, please feel free to post here, I will reply them ASAP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danner

Oregon
msg tools
So, on the ruby temple card in a 2 player game I could approach from the left side of the arch with red, red, yellow, green, purple for 8 points; or red, red, yellow, green for five points. Correct? And from the right, I could only approach with red, red, blue for three points because the green five is blocked by a neutral player cube and so doesn't allow me to move on to gain 8 points from the right side, even with red, red, blue, purple. Correct?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel Mills wrote:
So, on the ruby temple card in a 2 player game I could approach from the left side of the arch with red, red, yellow, green, purple for 8 points; or red, red, yellow, green for five points. Correct? And from the right, I could only approach with red, red, blue for three points because the green five is blocked by a neutral player cube and so doesn't allow me to move on to gain 8 points from the right side, even with red, red, blue, purple. Correct?

Not quite right. The cube placed on the green 5 space only blocks you from breaking that specific curse (red-red-blue-green). However, you could still break the 8 curse, counting up from the right side (red-red-blue-green-purple).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.